Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have been working on this guy for days now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been working on this guy for days now.

This is what I have so far.

George John Underhill died in Preston Australian in 1944 aged 77 and it says his parents were George John and Mary Underhill (nee Skinner)

George John Underhill married Rebecca Reid 1897 in Victoria Australia...............and the wedding certificate says he was a widower in March 1894 and had two children ....one living and one dead.....and that he was born in Leamington England.

I have found what I believe is his first wife Lilias Fanny Kerr and the two children born to this marriage.

It says his parents are George John and Mary Underhill (nee Skinner).....and that his father was a saddler.

Is this enough information for some clever people to find both Geroge Underhills in the English census to help me go back further.

flashie,

what are george's ages on the marriages? and his father's occupation?

Comment

sorry couldn't find the father's occupation in your post!

Comment

I have tried to find a marriage between Underhill and Kerr anywhere in England but can't, can you tell us why
        you think George married Lilias Kerr what information have you found to substantiate it?

Comment

1881- rose cottage, helmdon rd, wappenham, northamptonshire.

mary bustin- head, widow. 74, b.1807, middleton cheney, northamptonshire. formerly a dressmaker.
          george underhill- lodger, single. 17, b.1864, leamington, warwickshire. shoemaker.

Comment

1871- rose hall, middleton cheney, oxfordshire.

edward bustin- 53, b.1818 fewcestor? northants. saddler.
            mary - 64, b.1807 middleton cheney.
            samuel- 24, b.middleton cheney. saddler
            george underhill- 7 b.1864, leamington warwickshire. lodger.

Comment

there is a birth in the sep qtr 1863 warwick (leamington is under warwick district) for a george john underhill.
              there are also 2 george underhills in warwick, one mar qtr 1863, the other jun 1862.

Comment

there is a george underhill in leamington priors in 1861, but he has a son george t. b.1850, but the wife is elizabeth.

Comment

i think you need the birth cert, for an address, and confirmation of the mother's name. that way you can find the parents.

Comment

geo john underhill married fanny lillian kerr in 1891, vic. and then rebecca reid in 1897, vic.

Comment

Thank you for your help..........that certainly looks like the George Underhill I am after.

Has anyone any clues to what happened to his parents....George (sr) and Mary Underhill (nee Skinner)

Comment

i think you need the birth cert for that flashie. that way we may find them in 1861. i think they may have died, but mary bustin could be george's grandmother or aunt. likewise, i can't see a marriage, so the birth cert may answer that too.

Comment

Don't forget that there are some quite late BMD records fro Warwickshire, on FamilySearch.

There's a baptism in Bishops Tachbrook (v close to Leamington) 16 Feb 1862 for a George UNDERHILL s/o George UNDERHILL & Ann.
                          Similarly there's one in Bickenhill (East of Birmingham, and NW of Warwick), on 20 Jul 1862, for a George UNDERHILL s/o George UNDERHILL & Hannah.

Christine
                          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

yes christine, but not for a son of george and mary!

Comment

ancestry has warwickshire parish registers, and leamington is in them, but i cannot see this george underhill, although the others we have found are showing up. i think that birth cert is the only way to progress.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                                yes christine, but not for a son of george and mary!
                                There is a George & Mary UNDERHILL with 6-year-old son called George in Birmingham in 1871... but no suggestion of PoB in Leamington.

Christine
                                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I thought maybe he might be fibbing about his parents.......but it is on his marriage certificate and his death entry on ancestry.

I haven't been able to find a connection with the Bustins yet......maybe it is through the Hitchcox side (Mary Bustin Maiden name)

I think the only way to know for sure is to buy his birth certificate as suggested.

Comment

yes i saw that one too , but i think he is still around in the census when flashie's george isn't.
                                    Last edited by kylejustin; 31-12-11, 11:04.

Comment

I have bought his certificate....I will post the details when it arrives.

In the mean time I am still trying to find a connection between the families.

Comment

Hi flashie Lilias fanny Kerr was my great grand aunt - wondering if you have any trace of their son George John underhill (jnr)Sharryn

Comment

Working...
                                        X