Birth & Death Civil Registrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth & Death Civil Registrations

So, if the information on a marriage cert comes from the parish register (I think that's the info from a previous thread),

what is the source of information for birth and death registrations?

the informant. someone would go to the registrar and register the event. that's why the info is only as good as the informant's knowledge!

Comment

Yes, but gives me hope that info that wasn't on the baptismal record may be on the cert. I guess I may have to order one or two more for the youngest siblings...
      Thanks again

Comment

well if it's india, i can't help you, as i don't know anything of it, but if it's england, the birth would have more info on it.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
          So, if the information on a marriage cert comes from the parish register (I think that's the info from a previous thread),

what is the source of information for birth and death registrations?
          If a marriage was not performed in a church then it would be whomever performed the ceremony e.g. a Registrar who responsibility it is to compile the records for a given district.

For births and deaths you have to go to the Registrar to have the event recorded. Baptisms are not sufficient since 1837.

Margaret

Comment

Thanks, Margaret & Kyle

Comment

Working...
            X