• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody find him anywhere

***I would love some help in finding this person

Thomas Henry GOSNELL born 30 Dec 1895 Poplar London

Do have his Birth Reg **Mar 1896 Poplar

Parents

Thomas GOSNELL Dock Labourer according to the Baptism 22 Jan 1896 address 8 Goodliffe Place Poplar
    Emily GOSNELL if this is my Emily ?? Widow (nee) Maiden name KEMP married name MULLER born 1857 Regents Park St Pancras

Cannot find find a Marriage between Emily and Thomas nor any of them in 1901 or 1911 after Thomas was born

Need any of them in 1901 or 1911 or their Deaths

I believe and hope Emily may be my Great Grandmother Emily MULLER nee KEMP who I have asked for help with before as I cannot find her Death

Her husband Adam MULLER died in 1892 and according to a letter from Dr Barnados Emily in 1899 had a child called Thomas aged 3 a half Brother to his siblings.

I have sent for this Thomas's Birth am hoping it gives me something to confirm the Mother is my Emily.

For anyone who wonders why I think its my Emily this couple are the parents of Twins baptised in 1894
    but the parents on the Baptism are Thomas and Emily Muller yet on the Birth registration Parents are Thomas and Emily Gosnell.

Cannot check them in the census records as both Twins died in 1894

I'm sure somebod;)y will be bored on xmas day
    Last edited by Guest; 26-12-11, 12:08.

I have to log off in a minute Val but rest assured I shall be back as soon as I get my pass stamped (hopefully tomorrow)
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

thanks Chrissie just dont understand where he went ? unless Emily did marry somebody after his Birth?

Comment

Val,

have you sent off for one of the twins B/certs? to confirm/deny if Emily was indeed a Muller?
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

hi Julie have sent for Lily's death as am hoping it might say something not on the Baptism? but suppose a Birth might have been better ?
          Was trying not to spend any money.
          Thought it odd one twins Death is registered in Stepney the other in Mile End

Comment

mmm maybe they were poorly, I think I noticed that they were privately baptised? I think if it were me I'd probably have gone for one birth and one death, as the birth would have confirmed if the MMN was Kemp late Muller, not sure what the death will tell you really aside from what she died of and who was the informant and that she was a child of ......
            Julie

Comment

Name: Thomas H Gosnell
              Birth Date: abt 1896
              Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1967
              Age at Death:71
              Registration district: Camberwell
              Inferred County: London
              Volume: 5a
              Page: 577

birth
              Name: Thomas Henry Gosnell
              Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1896
              Registration district: Poplar
              Inferred County: Greater London, London, Middlesex
              Volume: 1c
              Page: 674
              Last edited by Darksecretz; 24-12-11, 21:21.
              Julie

Comment

I am really struggling to see anything Val, he really is well hidden in the census. sorry
                Julie

Comment

I'm drawing a blank, too.

What happened to the children who were with Emily and Adam in 1891? Have you found them in later censuses?

Comment

have accounted for all those children thanks Mary, the two youngest Daisy and Rose were sent by Dr Barnados to Canada.
                    He is certainly well hidden the three of them are.

Comment

I can only see one Thomas Henry Gosnell born in London about the right time.

A Thomas Henry Gosnell emigrated to Canada in 1922, but I'm not sure if he's the same one, as he gives an address in Buckhaven, Scotland. He was heading for Ontario, and left a wife in Buckhaven. Can't see him in the Scottish censuses.

Comment

thanks Mary for trying ,I started to follow that one up but discarded him?
                        I'm wondering as I dont think his mother Emily married a Thomas Gosnell maybe she married somebody else and Thomas is on the census records under her new married name?
                        Do hope I am not wasting anybodies time but do have a good feeling this is my Thomas .

Comment

It does sound promising. Let's hope his birth cert arrives soon

Comment

Have you found Rose and Daisy on the Canadian censuses? Do you know their married names, if they married?

Comment

daisy.jpgrose.jpgYes Mary have managed to find out all about them and when they died, and I am sure I must have bored you at some time with the Photos I got from Dr Barnados of them just before they sailed to Canada?? was thrilled when I got them and still am .
                              Rose married a Daniel Bremner and lived to be 101, Daisy married a Lewis Wilbrod Larin .

Comment

Oh yes, I remember now you've posted the photos.

I wondered about their married names because the Thomas who emigrated in 1922 was going to join a Mrs Porteous, and I thought it might be one of his sisters.

Comment

hi Mary yes I saw that but that name has never come up with his sisters in Canada, shame that.

Comment

I have been looking for ages Val. So far I have found her with Adam Muller in 1881 but have you got her in 1891 please? I can't find her as Gosnell in 1891.
                                    I have to go now but will try again when I can.

Comment

thanks for trying Chrissie beginning to think its a lost cause ? they are at 40 Nelson Street Mile End in 1891
                                      funny enough Daisy the youngest who was born 22 Mar 1891 at that address isn't with them ??
                                      You wont find her with Thomas in 1891 as Adam her Husband did not die till 1892
                                      Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

Comment

Still been looking Off again for now. Never say never

Comment

Working...
                                        X