Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NETGEAR WIRELESS adapter help please

Hi
    I bought a Netgear N150 Wireless USB Adapter WNA1100 yesterday.
    The young man in the shop said it was easy to install, insert the CD & follow the instructions.
    This is where I am at so far.
    I need to choose a wireless network.
    The network ( ------ ) requires a network key (also called a WEP key or a WPA key)
    A network key helps prevent intruders from connecting to this network. Type the key & click connect.
    "the network password needs to be 40 bits or 104 bits depending on your network configuration. This can be entered as 5 or 13 ascii characters or 10 or 26 hexadecimal characters."
    The word (------) is something that I recognise & must have used at some point, maybe entering it as a network name when I changed to Talktalk.
    If anyone can help me I would much appreciate it as I am tearing my hair out.
    Many thanks
    Moggie

Sometimes the security key is printed on the back of your router, is that the one you mean?

Anne

Comment

Hi Anne
      There is a wireless password on the router but I've tried that & it doesn't work.
      I'm not technically minded & it's like a foreign language to me.
      I've wasted all morning trying to get it to work.
      Moggie

Comment

My son says that you have probably changed the security key at some point in the past which is why it doesn't accept the one on the label. He says you probably need to log on to the router so you change it to something memorable.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

make sure you type it as it appears ie in lower or upper case and if all else fails ring Talktalk and good luck with that

Comment

The easiest way to set up your NETGEAR WiFi USB adapter is with the NETGEAR Resource CD included with your adapter. If your computer does not have a drive that reads CDs, download the software for your WiFi adapter from the NETGEAR Download Center. If your computer uses Microsoft Windows 7 or newer, Windows might automatically install drivers for your adapter when you plug it in. Because NETGEAR does not have access to and cannot provide support for built-in Windows drivers, we recommend that yo

or have a look at this

Comment

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I've finally connected it. Only took from 7.30 this morning plus my grandaughter spent about an hour trying to figure it out. Don't ask me how I did it but I have now been able to move the computer into another room which was why I bought the b***** adapter in the first place.
              Moggie

Comment

Well done!
                Anne

Comment

Working...
                X