new camera help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new camera help!!

I bought a new fuji camera aftr breaking my old one. Thought I could just transfer the memory card but that is different so had to buy a new one. I am now having trouble with the sound track being out of sync with the picture when we play it in windows media. We can now open the files correctly in quicktime but cant upload them to any sites. Do I need to convert the files to upload them if so how please?

If you have the sync problems in future, try VLC Media Player as it plays all formats. What format are the files you're trying to upload?
    Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

think they are AV files whatever that means!!

Comment

.AVI or .AV?
        Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

just checked and its AVI

Comment

been trying various settings but still have not had any success with this problem

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
              just checked and its AVI
              VLC will definitely play them. Where are you trying to upload them? Could be the sites don't accept .avi files.

Comment

just tried to download VLC but it seems to want to change my whole computer.
                If I upload the files from camera to my comp it is automatically saved as windows media which is then sound and vision out of sync. We can open tehm in quicktime but dont have any options to do anything with them. When we have successfully uploaded them from camera onto windows 7 have tried uploaded them to facebook and youtube but they fail every time.

Comment

just tried to download VLC but it seems to want to change my whole computer.
                  I'm not sure what you mean by that. It should be straight forward to dl and install it.

If I upload the files from camera to my comp it is automatically saved as windows media which is then sound and vision out of sync. We can open tehm in quicktime but dont have any options to do anything with them. When we have successfully uploaded them from camera onto windows 7 have tried uploaded them to facebook and youtube but they fail every time.
                  You don't have a choice as to the format it uploads? Try copying one of the uploaded files and then renaming the extension to .AVI.

What error do you get when you try to upload them? Youtube and Facebook should accept your .WMV files, but maybe you're exceeding the permitted size?

Comment

tried everything today to change the files etc. and come to the conclusion that its because the files are HD and its just not compatable with windowsxp which we have. Our computer is now 5 years old. I have managed to upload one file from a windows7 machine directly onto youtube but it took 2 hours to upload a video which last 2 minutes!!!! This is because either they dont have much ram or their internet connection isnt very high speed. SO the only answer is to upgrade to windows7 if I want to use my camera to its full capability.
                    This isnt mentioned when you buy the camera.

Comment

Working...
                    X