School on Twickenham Road, Isleworth in 1841 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School on Twickenham Road, Isleworth in 1841 census

In my search for a Dominic/Richard Badilla/Badella, who, from later census records is said to be b. Leicester abt 1826, someone has found me a Dominic Bordillo age 13 with Sarah Bordillo, 34, foreign parts* in Leicester on the 1841 census.

Haven't quite found that myself [yet], but I have found a Joseph Badilla, b. abt 1821, foreign parts, pupil, at this school on Twickenham Road, Isleworth. Now I know they did strange things with ages on the 1841 census, but 20 does seem old to be a pupil.

Firstly, do we think it likely that Joseph is related to Dominic/Richard, and secondly, anyone got any ideas what type of school it would have been, please.

All help gratefully accepted.

cheers
    STG

* doncha just love that?

Edited to say : Sarah's occupation in 1841 is given as "hawker"

Edited again to say : That Dominic Bordillo seems to have been born and died in Leicester, so he's not my man. But that doesn't stop me being interested in Joseph and the school in Isleworth!
    Last edited by SmallTownGirl; 19-12-11, 15:15.
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

here is the 1841:

Class: HO107; Piece 605; Book: 7; Civil Parish: St Martin; County: Leicestershire; Enumeration District: 26; Folio: 6; Page: 5; Line: 13; GSU roll: 438751.
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 19-12-11, 15:20.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

though looking at the image the surname is BORDOLLI and it looks quite clear to me.
      Julie

Comment

it looks like the mother Sarah remarries in 1848 to a Thomas BALE, (as in 1851 some of the BORDOLLI children are with her) though she appears to be a widow

Name: Sarah Bordolie
        Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1848
        Registration district: Market Harborough
        Inferred County: Leicestershire
        Volume Number: 15
        Page Number: 341
        Julie

Comment

Hum, but if Dominic Bordoli stays in Leicester, he's not my man. My man moved to Yorkshire and married someone called Eliza. They had two children, the eldest of which, Sarah Jane, was b. in Hunslett in 1865, followed by William in 1868.

Comment

I did notice that on the census returns, how odd is that, (about Dominic being in yorkshire with Eliza)
            Julie

Comment

have you seen the tree for him on ancestry? it has him on census, 1871 thru to his death in 1900

Julie

Comment

Yes Julie, I've seen that.

He's findable from 1871 onwards, but not before. Frustrating!

STG

Comment

There is still a school in Twickenham Rd Isleworth called Isleworth Town (primary school). I have no idea if it's on the same site but it might be worth looking up the history of that school?
                  Darannon

Comment

I think that they have to be connected somewhere, the record/s from 41 with sarah etc..
                    Julie

Comment

for ref:

1861:http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=7572
                      Source Citation: Class: RG9; Piece: 480; Folio: 109; Page: 4; GSU roll: 542646.

1871:http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=7572
                      Source Citation: Class: RG10; Piece: 4513; Folio: 118; Page: 12; GSU roll: 848471.

1881:http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=8914
                      Source Citation: Class: RG11; Piece: 4454; Folio: 59; Page: 28; GSU roll: 1342065.

1891:http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=7619
                      Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 3618; Folio 117; Page 34; GSU roll: 6098728
                      Julie

Comment

do you have Dominic/Richards marriage to Eliza at all? if so do the witness' names mean anything?
                        Julie

Comment

Nope. Can't find it at all.

Tried all sorts of variations of spellings for his surname.

Harumph!

STG

Comment

you'd kind of think wouldnt you that they married in Yorkshire, I dont suppose you have any detials of their childrens births? maybe that might be a route to get Elizas MN and therefore find that marriage?
                            Julie

Comment

aha!! Births

Name: William Bodella
                              Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1867
                              Registration district: Hunslet
                              Inferred County: Yorkshire West Riding
                              Volume: 9b
                              Page: 286

Name: Sarah Jane Bodella
                              Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1865
                              Registration district: Hunslet
                              Inferred County: Yorkshire - West Riding
                              Volume: 9b
                              Page: 312

these should give MMN
                              Last edited by Darksecretz; 19-12-11, 20:04.
                              Julie

Comment

I've trawled through the West Yorkshire PR baptisms, but can't see them. I had previously found Sarah Jane's marriage in the WY PRs with her surname as Badella.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTownGirl View Post
                                  I've trawled through the West Yorkshire PR baptisms, but can't see them. I had previously found Sarah Jane's marriage in the WY PRs with her surname as Badella.
                                  yep, me too, I guess if you really want to find Elizas MN then you will have to order a cert, I do think though that there has to be some sort of explantion why they cant be found pre 1861, I see that he was in the army, maybe he was away at the time?
                                  Julie

Comment

chelsea pensioner's have a dominick bodella b.1836, st martin's, leicester. a private in the 19th foot. enlisted 1853.

Comment

seems to have been discharged in 1861, unfit for further service. signed up in coventry, spent 8 years in the army, in turkey, the crimea, and the east indies.

i take it he isn't your man?

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                                        chelsea pensioner's have a dominick bodella b.1836, st martin's, leicester. a private in the 19th foot. enlisted 1853.
                                        Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                                        seems to have been discharged in 1861, unfit for further service. signed up in coventry, spent 8 years in the army, in turkey, the crimea, and the east indies.

i take it he isn't your man?
                                        Not sure at the moment Kyle, the details are more or less right, (except the DOB) its funny how, we can find the Yorkshire Dominic/Richard after 1861, but not before and then there is the other Dominick that we find in 1841 but not after?

I think that in order to find out more, STG needs to buy a birth cert for one of Dominic/Elizas children. This might then help pinpoint a marriage for Dominic/Eliza that we can't find.
                                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                                        X