Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Federal Census look up please

Hello everyone:
    I am looking for a family that originated in England - in Derbyshire - They are Samuel Higginbottom born New Mills, Derbyshire 1832 and his wife Sarah (Hadfield) born Hyde Cheshire 1832 - they had 5 children all born in the US - in Rhode Island: Thomas 1859; Robert 1862; Mary H 1865; Priscilla 1867; Sarah J 1871. They did however return to the UK certainly by 1891. I think they are at least on the 1860 and 1870 US Federal Censuses. Any information on this little family would be greatly appreciated, as ever.
    My thanks again,
    Rachel
    Last edited by ukfamilyhistory; 14-12-11, 15:42. Reason: Wrong name!

You can see the image for the 1870 census on familysearch.org
    Karen

Comment

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
      Karen

Comment

Thanks Karen, yes that's them, thank you, hopefully someone can see the original as that might give a place of residence and occupation.
        Rachel

Comment

Looks like he was a mill worker - I've sent you a PM.
          Margaret

Comment

this should be image for 1870 census. They are in Warwick, Rhode Island, says Samuel works in print works.
            Last edited by Karen S; 14-12-11, 18:01.
            Karen

Comment

Thank you so much Karen and Margaret I have the images now - so very grateful - my step daughter Heather will be thrilled, it is part of her maternal side
              Have a lovely Christmas
              Rachel

Comment

Working...
              X