scottish marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scottish marriage

can any one trace a marriage in scotland between john halbert and janet mcskimming ive got thier children as jean b 1795 helen b1799 andrew blane b 1801,

i have know details of the parents any help is most geatefull thanks

The main place to look for this is on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk which is a pay per view site where you buy 30 credits for £6 and then it costs 1 credit to look at a list of results. You then have to decide which one might be yours and pay 5 credits to look at the register entry.

The records you want are the Old Parish Registers that cover events prior to civil registration which started in 1855. The Old Parish Registers start from 1538 but are not complete for all parishes or all years.

Margaret

Comment

There are a few trees on Ancestry but they list the parents of Helen and Jean as John Halbert and Mary Mcskimming
      IGI has the birth of Helen Halbert as 1799, parents Jannet Mcskimming and John Halbert, in Ayrshire - extracted entry
      No sign of a marriage though - on SP or IGI - will keep looking but perhaps they never married.
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

is it likely records would exist for marriages that early in their parish? i know my lot should be in records in their area, when they arn't, my guess is the only bet i'll find them is in the non con registers.

Comment

thanks for your help will try scotland people

Comment

Working...
          X