Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internet security for a netbook

Can anyone help please,
    The youngest grandaughter will have a netbook under the tree this year, her older sister had one last year (has webroot internet security).
    Webroot expires at Christmas,new netbook needs security,mum and dads PC security expires early next year.
    Do netbooks require designated netbook security or could I get them Norton 3 user (1 year) for £29-95 and use on 2 netbooks and one pc.
    The netbooks have windows7 starter and the pc (i think) has xp,
    Any help appreciated

I personally do not like Norton , and installed Kaspersky which was really good but as it was about to run out decided to try the free Microsoft Windows essentials which so far has been excellent .
    Have a look at the link
    Microsoft Security Essentials reached end of service on January 14, 2020 and is no longer available as a download.

Comment

Thank you for your reply,I use Norton and have never had a problem (yet),
      I was just wanting to know if the 3 user would be suitable for netbooks and a PC,have googled and opinions are divided,
      some saying ok and others that it may make net book slower,
      I will have a look at essentials and see if it will do the job AND save me some money.
      Thanks again for your suggestion.
      cybergran...x

Comment

Like Val, I too do not like Norton and use MSEssentials which is so easy to load on a net book and I have found good.

I am only making a guess at the other part of your question and as I understand it three user licence needs the same email address so that could be a problem. I thought that if you had say a PC, Laptop and Net Book that would be the three. Far from certain about that.
        Margaret N
        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Thank you margaret,I had a look at ms essentials and it looks fine and has some good reviews.
          I will pass that on.
          PS. The 3 user question was my concern that norton would be too "big" memory wise for the 2 small netbooks .
          Regards
          Margaret(aka cybergran)

Comment

Working...
          X