Printers for Macs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printers for Macs?

I know there are some of you with Mac computers. Can you use any printer for them or does it have to be specially for a Mac? Thinking of getting son a printer for Christmas but not if its a big, big price!!! At the moment he relies on printing things at work but its not really ideal (or even ethical??!)

Anne

Just do a Google search.
    Amazon have lots.

Ken

Comment

I think you just have to make sure that they say they are compatible with the computer with which you want to use them.

We have bought our printer from Fuss3 Solutions Ltd, and (in our experience) found them good. They have some special deals from time to time. I don't know what your budget is, but they have a Xerox ColorCube 8570DN (a solid ink colour printer) at £389 + VAT, with a claimable free CMY ink (normally £300 + VAT) from Xerox, and with standard maintenance kit ("worth £40") and starter ink pack ("worth 175")... not sure that you could use the thing without those last two! I think that that must mean it's wax ink which means that it's a disaster for laminating, but can produce some stunning colour images. Our printer used solid ink (i.e. wax) - hence my ± description.

That offer finishes 31 Dec.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I noticed that all this week that PCW have been advertising buy an AppleMac and get an HP printer half price for £124.00. I think you would need to study the detail carefully and I also think that it is expensive.
        Margaret N
        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

The problem with printers is that it's not just the initial cost but the subsequent maintenance of things link (especially) the ink.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks folks. Looks as though many printers are fine. Read What it says on the box, I think!!!!
            I must say, my policy is go for a moderately cheap one (say less than £100) and be prepared to ditch it when its done. I wondered if the same could be done with Mac related ones and it seems from my reading so far that it can.

Anne
            Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 10-12-11, 10:11.

Comment

Working...
            X