BBC Family History Boards are to Close 22nd December 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC Family History Boards are to Close 22nd December 2011

I know there are a few of the members who are ex BBC members or still are so I am just letting you all know we are to be closed down in two weeks time so call in and say farewell to old friends and say what your new user name is and where you can be found if we want to speak to you again.

Sorry If this board is not the right place for this post

Edna

BBC closure

Just to let you know that I am also on here & looking forward to our other forum friends
    joining us.

Merry Xmas
    Betty
    ​Bettyespana

Comment

I missed this when you posted it originally Edna, but, yes its absolutely fine to post it here :smilee:
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie,
        I have added the link to this site on the BBC so there may be many more people finding their way here.

Welcome Betty,

I hope you soon find your way around and you will see that this board does not close at all and has a Personal Message system too so if anyone needs to ask sensitive questions then they can do so by PM

Edna

Comment

Hi Edna
          I saw this on BBC Board so came here as I was a member but have had a job to get in taken Half hour.
          can we have our own pages.
          No Wobsy on here.
          Bob T

Comment

Hi Bob nice to see you again,
            Yes I know you were a member here too, no BBC pages here Bob but I know this board is very good at research results and you can ask your questions here too.
            They also have chat Forums where you can chat to others about your thoughts and ideas or join in with other conversations, I think you can even play some games here somewhere as well as the personal message system, but you do need to remember your password to get in.

Enjoy the board and see you here again.

Comment

Welcome to any new members joining us from the BBC forum and welcome back to any that are rejoining us!

Sorry to hear that the BBC boards are closing but I do hope that many of you will enjoy being part of the Family Tree Forum community.

Family Tree Forum is now in its 6th year and growing all the time. Do have a look round to see what's on offer - more than just the forums!

The Reference Library accessed via the tab at the top of the page contains 5,000+ pages of research guides, resource pages and general genealogical information - a real treasure trove for any genealogist. We also have an online magazine (again accessed via the tab on the navigation bar) as well as a GEDCOM names database and blog section.

Our newly created Spotlight on Family Tree Forum section gives an brief overview of what you can find, but probably far more satisfying to have a rummage around yourself - and don't be afraid to ask if you need any help.
              Elaine

Comment

Thanks for letting us know, Edna. I really hope everyone from there transfers to here....they're such a lovely crowd & I owe them a helluva lot.

Comment

The BBC Family History Board will close today at 5pm

Edna
                  Last edited by clematised; 29-12-11, 19:10.

Comment

Hi Edna,

Bo here from BBc Board. Was so sorry to see it go. Looking forward to spotting others from BBc on here,
                    Merry Christmas to all.

Bojalu ( Bo)

Comment

Hi BoJaLu,

There has not been a great many here from the BBC but maybe in time they will filter in here following the links I left there

Hope you enjoy this messageboard and have a good look around here.
                      I have sent you a PM

Edna

Comment

Hi Edna & all who have come over to this forum where we can meet again.:xmas_cool:

Just want to wish you a very MERRY XMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Betty
                        Last edited by bettyespana; 24-12-11, 14:18. Reason: Addition
                        ​Bettyespana

Comment

Thank you Betty and a Merry Christmas to you too and hope you have everything you wish for in 2012.

Edna

Comment

Hi and a Happy New Year to everyone.
                            I have just realised that the BBC Board has closed and wanted to say a big thankyou for all the help I received from the members there.
                            I hope to catch up with some of you on FTF or on Roots.
                            Kalady

Comment

Hello and a happy blessed New Year to everyone

Hi, I didnt know the link to BBc was closing so glad I found the link, thank you one and all for keeping this going, what would I do without you.
                              Kindest regards
                              Heddwch

Comment

Working...
                              X