Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking Nurse Cramp, The Ferns, Station Road, Bexhill!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Nurse Cramp, The Ferns, Station Road, Bexhill!!!

Hello can you help I am seeking Nurse Cramp, The Ferns, Station Road, Bexhill!!! She was there in 1904, but not in 1901 or 1911!!
    I would be so grateful for some hewlp!
    Thankyou
    Rachel - ukfamilyhistoryresearch

have you got a first name for her and also date of birth etc

Jan x

Comment

Hello Janet
      Sadly not, this comes from postcards and we are trying to link her into our tree, I was hoping someone might know of the hospital in Bexhill perhaps - as you can guess without a first name/DOB it is really hard!!! Have tried Cramp women in Bexhill via Ancestry and checked every address at Station Road on Find my Past!! But drawn a blank...
      Thanks for reading, Rachel

Comment

Was she a medical nurse or a child's nurse?

Have you tried looking in any of the bexhill directories to see who was living there in 1904.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Hello JBee, no I haven't as we are in Worcester and I really need to be over in Bexhill, but that isn't possible until after Christmas! I'll keep working on it!! Thanks for messaging

Comment

Have passed your request to someone in my tree who has sussex Cramps connection, though it is more West Sussex than East
            Fingers crossed, they may know something

Researching:
            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Hi Trevor - Thank you so much, indeed we have masses of Cramps in this area, especially in and around Horsham, including Jury Cramp, who ran an Opticians! In 1700s one of our Cramps was Churchwarden near Bexhill. We are trying to tie in Nurse Cramp, who we think might be M Cramp.
              Thanks again,
              Rachel Cramp
              ukfamilyhistoryresearch

Comment

There are three Cramps on the 1901 census with an occupation of nurse - it might help to elminate them if possible.

Martha Cramp - age 67 - born Kent Wittersham - living in Walthamstow, Essex - occ. Monthly Nurse
                Annie F Cramp - age 24 - born Sussex Horsham - living in Streatham, London - occ. Mothers Help Nurse
                Sarah Cramp - age 38 - born Rutland Cottesmore - living in Greetham, Rutland - occ. Domestic Nurse
                Elaine

Comment

Just found some more in 1901

Bertha F Cramp - age 14 - born Dover Kent - living in Dover, Kent - occ. Nurse Domestic
                  Eugenia Cramp - age 72 - born Avening, Glos. - living in St Pancras, London - occ. Nurse Domestic
                  Florence Cramp - age 20 - born Mayfield Sussex - living in Wadhurst, Sussex - occ. Nurse Domestic
                  Margaret Cramp - age 19 - born Loughborough Leicestershire - living in Brighton, Sussex - occ. Nurse Domestic
                  Charlotte Cramp - age 41 - born Horsley Down London - living in Henley, Oxford - occ. Nurse Hospital
                  Elaine

Comment

Could it actually be Crump? There's a hit for a Miss M Crump, Mens Branch, Metropolitan Convalescent Home Bexhill in 1910 on the Royal College of Nursing Archives site

The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
                    Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X