G mail envelope icon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G mail envelope icon

I have just put my net book on and for the second day running I a missing the g mail envelope that was on the home page with news etc under the top task bars. I think this may of happened by clicking on Google+ how do I undo this please?
    The screen now has a drop down box with a menu +Google if I open this I get invited to sign up to something else then I think I may be able to view the mail. This is all on Windows 7. I cannot see a way of restoring this tool bar.

My PC running VISTA is OK. Any ideas what has happened please?
    Last edited by Margaret N; 02-12-11, 22:46.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

when you get to google Margaret do you see this in top left?

can you not click on the spanner? top right, to alter any settings?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Julie,

No I do not see that bar.
      It is the bar underneath that I would like back. I have uninstalled my Google Homepage and created it again but it has made no difference.
      I have to use the +Google drop down menu to see that missing bar which is very long winded. I tried to put a shortcut on to my net book desktop but that has not worked. It tells me that Path not Found. If this is windows 7 I really don't know what I replace my clapped out PC with.
      Thank you for your kind reply.
      Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

do you use 'Chrome' Margaret? or Firefox/IE9?

the two things I will suggest are

1) Remove chrome/whichever browser you use, restart your computer, then, re-install Chrome (or whichever one you use).
        2) See if you can do a system restore to an earlier point.

Not ideal solutions but, it might resolve what has happened.
        Julie

Comment

Julie,
          I will have a play with my net book a little later not much one can do on a dismal afternoon.

Will let you know if I have any success.

UPDATE: i switched on just now to try and sort this problem and the down menu was complete with a Gmail envelope.

Fingers crossed they do not change it too often.

Many thanks for your help.
          Last edited by Margaret N; 04-12-11, 17:03.
          Margaret N

Comment

Oh, I am pleased that you have it working again, I wondered if your computer was doing updates of some sort? maybe your computer needed a reboot?

just pleased you have it working now :smilee:
            Julie

Comment

Working...
            X