Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry.com - free access to WW2 records until 7 Dec

Message received from Ancestry.com

The invasion of Pearl Harbor changed lives forever—maybe even the lives of some of your family members.

Discover their stories as we commemorate the 70th anniversary of this “date which will live in infamy” by opening our entire collection of 58 million WWII military records to you for free [ends December 7, midnight ET]

Sorry to say it didnt work for me for WW11 Service Records.

Comment

I can't find any world war two records under military on Ancestry! Could someone please give me a clue where they are?
      Got to dash, so thank you in advance for any help
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Just tested it on a couple of the WW11 databases and seems to be working OK.
        Which database of service records were you trying to look at Alan?
        Elaine

Comment

Don't forget that as it is an offer from Ancestry.com we are not talking about UK records here (or at least unlikely to be!)

Try this link and tick the box for databases originating outside the UK
          The men and women called to serve their country in military duty are a source of pride to their families and to their nation. Now, with databases containing more than 16 million names and thousands of government records available to search, researching your veteran ancestors has become easier than ever before.

Search Individual Titles in this Category:
          Include databases originating outside the UK
          Elaine

Comment

Many thanks for that info, Carol and also thanks to Elaine for explaining how to get in.
            I've had a fruitful hour or so!

Jay
            Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Thank you Elaine I thought it was too much to hope for British WW11.
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

When I checked into ".com" I was advised that Ancestry.co.uk had the same records ? to which I subscribe. I was particulary interested in UK, WW2 and from reading other posts, they are'nt available.

Comment

When most British Records for W War 2 are still with the MOD it is hardly likely that Ancestry will have them yet!! But they may well have the American W War 2 records if you had American ancestors in the American forces and remember that America did not enter the war until Pearl Harbour December 1941, when UK had already been at war for over two years from September 1939.

Janet

Comment

Originally posted by AlanC View Post
                    When I checked into ".com" I was advised that Ancestry.co.uk had the same records ? to which I subscribe. I was particulary interested in UK, WW2 and from reading other posts, they are'nt available.
                    Hi Alan, it is WW2 US records only which have been made available.
                    They include the draft registration cards and these are especially interesting for "older" men, as they include age, place & date of birth, nature & address for employment, a contact and a current address.

Jay
                    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Working...
                    X