cross site scripting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cross site scripting

Since installing Microsoft Essentials when I go to certain pages on certain sites I get this message

Internet explorer has modified this page to help prevent cross site scripting?

anybody know what I can do to stop this happening
    thanks

hi and thanks Old Holborn I had seen that but dont understand it, dont want to disable it as it might give me trouble.

Comment

From Internet Explorer Help

How does Internet Explorer help protect me from cross-site scripting attacks?

Internet Explorer's Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) Filter can help prevent one website from adding script code to another website. XSS Filter watches how websites interact, and when it recognizes a potential attack, it will automatically block script code from running. When this happens, you will see a message in the Information bar letting you know that the webpage was modified to help protect your privacy and security.
      If the modified webpage does not work properly, try going to the home page of the website and navigating to the webpage directly. If the page still does not work correctly, contact the website's administrator.
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....om/~steveabye/

Comment

I'm getting that, and I think Stacky said he did too. Bit annoying the message keeps popping up, but otherwise it doesn't seem to make a difference.
        ~Val~

Comment

thats interesting Val as its only really on Valleys site I get it now ?? thanks Old Holborn

Comment

I get it loads of times a day on Facebook.
            http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....om/~steveabye/

Comment

do you ??? I have only got it since I installed this windows essential , never got it ever before ??

Comment

Only place I notice it too Val
                ~Val~

Comment

Cross Site Scripting (XSS) is a common tool for 'people' (being polite), who want to use things like jave code that collects instructions from another site that is linked to the one that you are in, to install malware on a computer.

That is why Microsoft Security is warning you of 'potential' issues from a site that is using scripts to link to command code on other sites.
                  Facebook can be a common trigger, as the site is full of ads that are not directly from FB, but scripted from elsewhere.
                  This is the most common way that the 'drive-by' infections ("You have a virus, click here to clean") action attacks on a computer browser.
                  DO NOT turn it off if it is part of your security package!

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Cros...Scripting_(XSS)
                  A little technical, but gives you the info I mean

Trev

Researching:
                  FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

thanks for that Trevor I didn't turn it off too worried .

Comment

Working...
                    X