Address hint please for 1911 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Address hint please for 1911 census

I'm trying to locate Thomas Lees Ball, earthenware manufacturer, somewhere in Sunderland. The household seems to consist of Thomas (b. 1845), Elizabeth Ann (b. 1847), Edith Elizabeth aged 31 and Thomas L aged 5. Plus of course any servants they might have. I've ploughed through all the likely hits from the Ancestry summary book listing with no luck at all. All I need is the address. which will enable me to pick the correct household on Ancestry. In 1901 they were at 26 General Gordon Terrace, which seems to have disappeared by 1911.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

9 Westlands Sunderland
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

This is the younger Thomas Lees Ball:

1911 Census
      BALL, Thomas Lees
      SUNDERLAND, Durham
      Reference RG14PN30158 RG78PN1740 RD555 SD1 ED15 SN309

Address: 80 Sorley Street Sunderland
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

The elder one is just with his wife:

1911 Census
        BALL, Thomas Lees
        SUNDERLAND, Durham
        Reference RG14PN30155 RG78PN1740 RD555 SD1 ED12 SN13

Thomas Lees Ball Married M 66 Earthenware Manufacturer Yorks Thornsby on Tees
        Elizabeth Ann Ball Wife Married 41 years F 64 Durham Sunderland
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Thank you very much, Judith. Just Thomas and Elizabeth, so I don't know where the 1911 census site conjured the other two from.
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
          X