Ancestry London Birth look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry London Birth look up please

According to the census returns I have for him my GG Grandfather Henry Taylor was born c1828 in Chelsea. On 13/2/1849 he married Eliza Jane New at All Souls, Marylebone and his father was listed as Robert Taylor, Servant, deceased.

Please could someone search the London births to see if they can find him. I have found a Henry Taylor with parents Robert and Elizabeth Taylor and a Henry with parents Robert and Sarah Taylor so would be grateful if these could be checked. Sadly Taylor is a very popular name in London!!

EDIT
    Have checked Familysearch site again and pretty sure the Henry with parents Robert and Sarah is not my man as born 1829 in Shoreditch and there is a Henry born to Robert and Elizabeth in 1826 in Bermondsey so also not a match.

So back to drawing board, but thanks for reading my thread.
    Last edited by Frazzled; 25-11-11, 10:57.

Sorry Frazzled I can't find a birth for a Henry Taylor with father Robert.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Have you looked for the two witnesses for clues at all? One looks like William Kenneson but I'm not to sure about the surname of the Alice one - are you? Possibly Canham or similar?
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thank you for looking for Henry's birth Chrissie, I have tried looking for the witnesses on the marriage cert but it was a while ago and I know I didn't get very far so will try again. I don't think I tried Kenneson which is a good idea, I was looking at Renneson. They could come from anywhere as Eliza is from Stanton Fitzwarren in Wiltshire and her first child was born in Brighton before she married Henry so even though she is called Eliza Taylor I am not absolutely certain Henry is the father!! More to unravel.

Thanks again for your help

Comment

Working...
        X