Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where was he born?

I hope someone here can help me..

I've been trying to figure out where Shadrack Weeks was born.. Each census for him says Somerset but only the 1851 census gives an area.

The reference is - HO107 piece 2490 folio 562 page 26

It's been transcribed as Lytherton on FMP and looks like it on the original sheet.
    I can't find any Lytherton in Somerset.

HELP please!!!

**EDIT** Forgot to say he was born around 1816 (ish) His father was named on the marriage cert as William Weeks, a carpenter, apparently still alive at the time of the marriage in 1839.
    Last edited by FamilyHistoryStories; 24-11-11, 09:21.

What was his wife's name Beth? I can't find them at all.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hi
      I can't seem to find him. I've put in the 1851 reference but nothing is showing up. Can you tell us where he was living in 1851. There is a Lytherton in Wiltshire.
      Moggie

Comment

There is a tree on Ancestry with his parents and siblings on. All born High Littleton, Somerset.

They are in Wales on all census.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

For anyone looking this is them -

Comment

High Littleton looks more likely. Just a hop across the water to Llanelly.

Comment

Thank you all for looking...

I have now found the ancestry tree! High Littleton does make sense! Lytherton = Littleton... (I've seen much more random ones)...

Strange that the reference didn't show anything up though :s I'm not on Ancestry (prefer the layout (and price) of FMP. perhaps I got something wrong somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by FamilyHistoryStories View Post
                Strange that the reference didn't show anything up though :s I'm not on Ancestry (prefer the layout (and price) of FMP. perhaps I got something wrong somewhere.
                No, nothing wrong. You just forgot to mention the ref was for the Welsh census not the English one.

Comment

Oh sorry... *Note to self* Remember there is a difference!

Comment

This is from FreeReg - could it be him?

County Somerset
                    Place Clutton
                    Church St Augustine
                    RegisterNumber 82
                    DateOfBirth
                    BaptismDate 15 Oct 1815
                    Forename Shadrach
                    Sex M
                    FatherForename William
                    MotherForename Harriet
                    FatherSurname WEEKS
                    MotherSurname
                    Abode Cloudhill
                    FatherOccupation Sawyer
                    Notes
                    FileNumber 5316
                    Elizabeth
                    Research Interests:
                    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I have noted that his father is William Weeks, a carpenter, according to the marriage certificate.

So it is looking good.
                      Elizabeth
                      Research Interests:
                      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Possible marriage if parents are correct:

Groom's Name: William Weeks
                        Bride's Name: Harriett Parfitt
                        Marriage Date: 14 Feb 1813
                        Marriage Place: Bristol, Gloucester, England
                        Elizabeth
                        Research Interests:

Comment

This is possibly William Weeks in 1841.

I don't know who Catherine is, but he is living close to Clutton.

1841 Census
                          WEEKS, William
                          CLUTTON, Somersetshire
                          HO107 piece 939 folio 13/10 page 14
                          Elizabeth
                          Research Interests:

Comment

I see he's called Shadrick in 1871...

... and died 1876q1 in Bedwellty, aged 63?

Incidentally - it's more usual for the name to be spelt Shadrach, so don't be surprised if you see it spelt that way.

Christine
                            Last edited by Christine in Herts; 24-11-11, 22:12.
                            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Elizabeth, my Shadrach named his first daughter Harriett as did his son Jonah. I'm fairly certain Harriett appears elsewhere in their branch too, not managed to get other relatives on yet. It makes a lot more sense than some of the Ancestry trees... if I'm honest.

Christine, he did die in 1876 in Bedwellty. I am aware of the spellings... and generally search for Shadrack, Shadrach and anything else I think it could be. There won't be any info on the death certificate will there?

Comment

There won't be any info on the death certificate will there?
                                If you brave the Wiki / Reference Library, I think you'll find that there are some samples of BMD certificates which will tell you what info was available at different times.

Christine
                                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
                                  This is possibly William Weeks in 1841.

I don't know who Catherine is, but he is living close to Clutton.

1841 Census
                                  WEEKS, William
                                  CLUTTON, Somersetshire
                                  HO107 piece 939 folio 13/10 page 14
                                  This William and Catherine could be Shadrach's grandfather, eg father of William who married Harriet

Comment

Could this be the baptism of William, father of Shadrack?

From Freereg

William Weeks, parents: William and Catharine, 8/4/1792 at Holy Trinity, High Littleton.

Comment

Also from Freereg, a possible marriage.

10/5/1790 at Holy Trinity, High Littleton.

William Weeks of Stowey Parish, and Catherine Stickler of this parish. Witnesses: John Stickler and RD Obren [sic]

Comment

Thank you for all your help! I *think* that Shadrach was born to William and Harriet and baptised in Clutton! They had their later children baptised in High Littleton..

I'll sit down tomorrow and read through and make notes. Hopefully I can then put it all together..

Comment

Working...
                                        X