Looking for burial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for burial

Charlotte Joyce (Coverly) Veale, w/o John, died 1835 per family bible. Can't find her death anywhere. Probably London/Middlesex, possibly Devon or ???

Can anyone find her?

thanks
    sarah

sarah, what do you know of charlotte? where did the family live for certain?

Comment

there's a charlotte veale d.1834, dartmouth, devon.

Comment

Sorry to be so long getting back.

Charlotte Joyce Coverly married John Veale 1825 Hackney. There are family trees on Ancestry with the two of them. There is dissension about Charlotte's parents.

A family bible exists, I only have a synopsis of it. The bible states firstborn of this couple was born Holborn, second in Devonport, third child, Shoreditch - Charlotte died birthing this child, so her burial should be in Shoreditch.

The record indicates that the first child was baptized at Rev R Langford, Meeting, Bethnal Green. I think I've checked the Genealogist for Veale baptisms and burials, but I should check again. I've found no other baptismal information for them.

Actually, baptismal record for any of the children would be ideal. Makes me realize how the Protestant Dissenters flew under the radar and how difficult they are to find.

No, not correct. What I really want is something that reveals the maternal grandparents of the children (i.e, Charlotte's parents). And yes, I have the marriage record with Ed & Priscilla as witnesses, and the baptism of CJC with those parents.
        Last edited by PhotoFamily; 24-11-11, 05:26.

Comment

Oh, found the baptism for the #1 Child, confirming his parents.

Oops, it's an IGI submitted record, not a record index.
          Last edited by PhotoFamily; 24-11-11, 05:06.

Comment

have you looked on ancestry for the records?

Comment

Have you looked on here http://www.bmdregisters.co.uk/ for records?
              Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                Have you looked on here http://www.bmdregisters.co.uk/ for records?
                Margaret
                The Genealogist is one interface to these records, and yes, the burial and baptisms are not there.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                  have you looked on ancestry for the records?
                  The marriage record for John Veale & Charlotte Joyce Coverly, and a baptism for a CJC are on ancestry. Just don't know for sure that the baptism is for the same woman who married John.

Comment

There's nothing in the NBI for Charlotte?

Comment

london is not well covered on the NBI, and how many charlotte joyce coverley's could there be?

Comment

There's three that I know of - #1 - b 1761; #2 - 1794; #3 - 1802. The first was the aunt to the next two.

I looked at the baptism & marriage again today. There's no doubt in my mind as to the parents of #2, but I'm not sure that the records would persuade some people.

Comment

Working...
                        X