cannot find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot find

I have Mary Flatt on the 1841 census, she married Henry Buxton in 1850, they are on the 1851 census
    HO107, P1800, F643, P30, On this census she is calling herself Mary Ann, born in Eye in Suffolk (previous census born in Essex) and they have Mary's brother and sister William and Hannah Flatt living with them. I cannot find them on any other census after 1851 they must be some where!!! This is not unusual for this family I do not think I've ever had so much trouble tracing a family as this lot can any find them for me please please?
    GWEN

Mary Ann may have died & Henry re-married.
    Burial for a Mary Ann Buxton 2nd Aug 1860 age 36 at Ipswich cemetery.
    1871 census Henry Buxton age 43 with wife Eliza & 3 sons. Henry's occupation shoemaker as it was in 1851.
    Moggie

Comment

I did look for a death for both of them but there were to many of them to choose from. I cannot see the details for the death you refer to is it on Ancestry please? Also is the henry you refer to still in suffolk thanks for your help
      Last edited by Gwen@coggiecorner; 19-11-11, 17:05.
      GWEN

Comment

This is from the death index Mary Ann Buxton died 1860 Jul/Aug/Sep qtr Ipswich Suffolk.
        The burial details I gave you are from the NBI.
        This is the ref for Henry Buxton in 1871, Piece 1753/ Folio 119/ Page 30.
        I can't find him in 1861. I think he re-married at the end of 1861.
        Moggie

Comment

Thank you for all you help I see there is a marriage in 1860 to a Elizabeth Mason but I cannot find them in 1861 either. I thought if I looked for their son Charles the parents might turn up but no. Thanks again
          GWEN

Comment

Working...
          X