Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenge

I've been looking for this lady and cannot find her after 1891, She is called Ann Elizabeth Flatt b1872 Colchester Essex, on the 1891 census she is calling herself Anna and living with her sister Maria.S Youngs in Colchester. I've (been looking on and off now for the last 2 weeks) looked for a marriage, death and on the 1911 census but cannot find her. Anyone up for looking please.
    GWEN

Just to discount (or otherwise) something, what are her parents' names and father's occupation please
    Jackie

Comment

This might be her if the father's details fit:

August 6th 1893, St Bartholomew Bethnal Green Annie Flatt 21, spinster, tailoress married William Quaintrell Pheby 27, bachelor, bootmaker. Father William Feniks Flatt, bootmaker.

After that she starts calling herself Hannah - there are 3 children baptised with parents William and Hannah Pheby and then in 1901 she's here

RG13, Piece 290, Folio 171, Page 32 again called Hannah Pheby aged 30, trousers machinist tailor b Colcehester + family

If this is her let me know if you don't have access to the LMA records on Ancestry
      Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
        Just to discount (or otherwise) something, what are her parents' names and father's occupation please
        Father is William occupation is Shoemaker mother Sarah
        GWEN

Comment

Fathers middle name is Feniex but have found it spelt three different ways so far on different documents. I think the one you found fits I'm amazed you found it thank you so much as this family of Flatt's are driving me mad as they seem to use different places for their births suffolk, Essex and London.
          Thank you so much sorry for the long delay in replying but was totally engrosed in searching the census returns.
          GWEN

Comment

You're welcome. Do you need the marriage image or children's baptisms?
            Jackie

Comment

I tried to print the m/c but it is told me it is to large so just printed the ancestry page info not looked into the children yet just adding the info to my tree now. Thanks again she was the last one in the family who's details I needed to complete. I really did not think of looking in London for her
              GWEN

Comment

i've made that mistake gwen. now whenever i can't fnd family in essex, i immediately look in london, with moderate success.

Comment

Working...
                X