Book - Greater London Cemeteries and Crematoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book - Greater London Cemeteries and Crematoria

I've just received this information from one of our members (thanks Edna) - looks as if it could be a useful book for anyone with London ancestors - available from The National Archives.

Greater London Cemeteries and Crematoria - £4.95
    The seventh edition of this valuable book lists the cemeteries and crematoria of London with their addresses, including websites where available, and the location and date range of their burial registers. Locating the burial place of a nineteenth-century resident of the Greater London area is far from an easy task. While many burials continued in the local churchyards of the outer London parishes, burials in the inner London churchyards or burial grounds were discontinued at various dates in the 1850's and no parish burial registers were maintained thereafter. Subsequently most burials for inner London took place further away, at non-denominational cemeteries established by either commercial companies or local government bodies.

The National Archives Shop stocks a beautiful and unusual range of gifts and books inspired by the story of Britain and the treasures in our collection.
    Elaine

Thanks Elaine

One for my Christmas pressie list.

Chris
    Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

Working...
    X