Riches missing in 1911?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riches missing in 1911?

I'm looking where this family has gotten to in 1911.

From the 1901 census living at 8 Elcom Street, Paddington

Frederick Riches 35 Carman Willesden
    Lily Riches 33 Paddington
    Elizabeth Riches 5 Paddington
    William Riches 3 Whitechapel
    Harriett Riches 11 Months Paddington
    Ada Kennings (Kelling) 25 Lambeth
    Ellen Kennings (Kelling) 11 Months Paddington

By the time of the next census William had died 1903 and Lily died 1907.

Frederick then married Ada in 1909 so Ellen Kelling should be with them and Harriett too.

Elizabeth i have already picked up in Cardiff aged 15.

i have searched alternative names etc but coming up blank... could use some extra pairs of eyes to hopefully find this family.

Thanks
    Craig

They are hard to find. Ellen Elizabeth Kelling married William T Collins 1911 Paddington. So I would think she must be somewhere on that 1911 census.

Will have another look

Linda

Comment

I tried too and nothing sorry

Comment

They obviously didn't want to be found lol... i looked and tried everything i could think of to see if i could find them...thanks for looking.
        Craig

Comment

Not having much luck either. Maybe try again when Ancestry as the full 1911 census.
          Elaine

Comment

daft question but are you sure Frederick and Ada lived till 1911

Comment

There's a possible Lily RICHES death in Camberwell in 1944 - age 78

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                daft question but are you sure Frederick and Ada lived till 1911
                Yes, i'm sure. Frederick died in Paddington in 1936. Lily, Frederick's first wife, died 1907 Kensington. I think Ada outlived them all and died in the '40s.

Frederick and Ada had 4 children after 1911 census
                Last edited by cpdavis35; 15-11-11, 23:32.
                Craig

Comment

I have found that Ancestrys transcription of the 1911 Census is poor. I could not find my great grandfather yet I had previously found hin on 1911 Census on findmypast. Eventually found his surname Davies had been transcribed as Warnes. Try wildcard characters.

Peter

Comment

I've tried searching on FMP a few ways even by searching on first name only in the area and surrounding areas they should have been with no sucess unfortunately.
                    Craig

Comment

Do you have the address they gave when they married in 1909?

Margaret

Comment

I've just checked the whole of Elcom Street Paddington in 1911 and they are not there. Do you know the details for the birth of the child in 1912 and where they were living then?
                        Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                          Do you have the address they gave when they married in 1909?

Margaret
                          Hi Margaret,

Yes, the address that was given on their 1909 marriage was 3 Southam Street. Their marriage was in Paddington but there is also a street named that in Kensington as well.
                          Craig

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                            I've just checked the whole of Elcom Street Paddington in 1911 and they are not there. Do you know the details for the birth of the child in 1912 and where they were living then?
                            Margaret
                            After Frederick married Ada Kelling in 1909 they had 4 kids that i know of (after when they had maiden name on the index)
                            Frederick W Riches born Jun Qtr 1912 in Kensington. Poss death Dec Qtr 1912 Fulham aged 0.
                            William F Riches born Mar 1913 in Kensington.
                            Albert M Riches born 1916 in Paddington.
                            Charles E Riches born Mar Qtr 1920 in Kensington. Poss death Mar Qtr 1920 Kensington aged 0.

Not sure if they had any between marriage and before maiden name was on the index.
                            Last edited by cpdavis35; 17-11-11, 18:41.
                            Craig

Comment

the 1911 census should tell you how many children they had together.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                                the 1911 census should tell you how many children they had together.
                                Just wish we could find the 1911 but the family is missing unless their name has been so messed up for the census and that is why it hasn't been found yet.
                                Craig

Comment

Originally posted by cpdavis35 View Post
                                  Just wish we could find the 1911 but the family is missing unless their name has been so messed up for the census and that is why it hasn't been found yet.
                                  Have you looked for the names on the 1911 census free search?
                                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Hi Uncle John,

Yes, i couldn't see anything that looked correct.
                                    Craig

Comment

Working...
                                    X