Find My Past Blog - Fact to fiction: one customer’s journey back in time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find My Past Blog - Fact to fiction: one customer’s journey back in time

One of our customers was inspired to write a book after researching his family tree on findmypast.co.uk
    Kenny O’Connell took inspiration from his own ancestry to write The Hoodie & the High Rip Gang. Kenny told us, ‘I just started typing away using real life characters that I had researched when tracing my family history.’

The book shows how much tougher life was in census years gone by, and tells the story of the Hoodie, who journeys back to 1911 to meet his great-great-grandmother and her children.
    Times are hard in 1911, but the Hoodie gets the love and affection from his great-great-grandmother that he doesn’t get in 2011. He fights to protect her against the gangs that terrorised England at that time and he now has to fight against himself in the form of the High Rip Gang. Members of this gang can be found on the census forms. The Hoodie learns a lot of hard lessons in 1911 and comes back a changed person.
    Kenny told us, ‘Story writing and script writing has now taken over my life and this wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for my passion for family history and using findmypast.co.uk’
    This is an entertaining and exciting read, and would make a great present for anyone who is interested in bringing their family tree to life in this unique way.
    You can buy The Hoodie & the High Rip Gang from the following places – buy your copy soon to beat the Christmas rush!
    Paperback book
    Amazon Kindle Ebook
    ibook - iTunes store
    Lulu Ebook
    If you’ve read ‘The Hoodie & the High Rip Gang’ please let us know what you thought by commenting on this blog post.

More...

Please note: This post has originated from a news feed from an external website.
    Family Tree Forum neither endorses nor is responsible for the views of the author or any other content.
Working...
X