1911 Census Nelson JOLLIFFE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Census Nelson JOLLIFFE

Could someone kindly provide me with the details of Nelson who is in Sculcoates, Yorkshire (East Riding) in 1911 - he is age 30 born Portsmouth. I would like to know his marital status and occupation.

Also in the houshold are, I believe, 2 females: I would love to know who they are (names, ages, place of birth, occupation, rel. to head of household etc).

Thanks to anyone who can do this for me

JOLLIFFE, Nelson, 30 b.1881, Hampshire Portsmouth. Labourer Oil Mill. boarder to the bulmer family. he is single.

Comment

Hi Kyle - thanks so much: could you let me know who the BULMERs are? Is it the family headed by Richard Frederick / Charlotte or the one by Walter / Susannah?

Also, what is the address he is at?

Thanks
      Last edited by Bertie; 12-11-11, 12:21.

Comment

It's headed by Walter Hodge Bulmer and Susannah Bulmer with their daughters Doris, Emily, Nora and sons Harry and Cyril.
        Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Bertie View Post
          Could someone kindly provide me with the details of Nelson who is in Sculcoates, Yorkshire (East Riding) in 1911 - he is age 30 born Portsmouth. I would like to know his marital status and occupation.

Also in the houshold are, I believe, 2 females: I would love to know who they are (names, ages, place of birth, occupation, rel. to head of household etc).

Thanks to anyone who can do this for me
          If you hunt amongst the pages on this area - probably back one or two - there are some threads carrying instructions about how you can play one site off against another to get a lot of 1911 information without anyone having to breach the T&C of their subscriptions.

For example - just on the main 1911 site - I put in Nelson JOLLIFFE and got two "hits", one of which was the Sculcoates one.
          Using the Advanced search with the Advanced Fields, I put Nelson JOLLIFFE in for the "Other person in household", and Yorks E Riding for the county, and then used the "starting with" option for the surname. I would have started with "A", and would have found, very quickly, that "B" got me my hits.

You can get even more that that for free - but I can't remember all the detail. Do have a look back through the threads!

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
            X