Marriage look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage look up please

Could anyone do a look up for me please I am looking for the married name of possibly living name born in 1937 between July Aug Sept district Hull mothers name Ada Hardy fathers name Norman h Healey I have found one possibly living name married in 1958 north kesteven Lancashire thank you for any help.

Grannabella

edited by Christine in Herts: possible living name
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 12-11-11, 14:20.

There's a possibly living name who married in North Kevesten Lincolnshire ........ I presume that's the one you mean.
    I can't see any other matches at all, sorry

Last edited by Christine in Herts; 12-11-11, 14:14.

Comment

Thank you for looking for me it was kesteven Lincolnshire (still half asleep )got the info of one of the sites can't bring to mind which one at the moment and it said Joan B I've found Joan's date of birth but cannot find her marriage any where.

Granabella.

Comment

Do you know for sure that she married?
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Yes definitely but I think her husband died thank you for any help.

Granabella

Comment

I wonder if she dropped her middle name and married under just possibly living name? Do you know if they had any children, or her husbands first name Granabella? Anything that would give clues?

Also, do you know whether she stayed around Hull or may have moved?

Last edited by Christine in Herts; 12-11-11, 14:21.

Comment

p.s. I assume you know that Joan has died? If not then I'm afraid her name shouldn't be on here. You aren't allowed topost the names of living people but you can pm them to anyone who is willing to try and help.
              Though without more information this is looking very difficult.

Comment

Oh dear what a shock thinking she might have died I hope not, sorry I dident know about the not posting if someone is alive I know where she came from and her home address not her childrens names or her husbands name yes she might not have put her middle name in maybe someone can help if possible with private message thinking about this I do seem to remember something about when someone is still alive so sorry again.
                P.S. she was seen in Harrogate a few years ago I know that dosent mean any thing.

Granabella

Comment

The parents' marriage shows up on YorksBMD: http://www.yorkshirebmd.org.uk

Have you seen that the father's middle name is "Hastings": a rather cruel juxtaposition of 1st & 2nd names!

He appears to have lived 1910-1970. Ada Ruth appears to have died in the same area as Norman, in 1987.

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Did her parents die in Harrogate? they had a farm just of Otley Road in the 1950s i lost contact with Joan as i was moving around abroad (such a shame) I have been looking off and on for ages would just like to get in touch befor it is to late.
                    Yes his second name was Hastings Joan had two brother's I think one was called Maurice I have forgotten the other brothers name and she might have had a sister just trying to think of her name could have been Mavis but not sure.

Comment

The registration district for both was "Claro", details of which can be found here: http://www.ukbmd.co.uk/genuki/reg/districts/claro.html

It includes what is listed as "Harrrogate" - which appears to have acquired an extra "r"!

Christine
                      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you so much will go and have a look now.

Granabella.

Comment

They probably still lived on the Farm that's all gone now i think its a big Housing estate.

Comment

As there doesn't appear to be a marriage showing for Joan, have you thought about trying to trace living relatives of one of her brothers?
                            Are you sure that she had a sister? As the birth for the one I have found is in Lanchester and could easily be a daughter of another Healey/Hardy couple who married in Lanchester shortly after your couple.
                            I can't give the names of one brother that I think was possibly Joans but the other one appears to have died so I think it's ok to mention him. Norman Terence Healey - born 11th July 1930 (probably Sculcoates) died April 2003 in Portsmouth.

Comment

Yes that is her brother I feel very sad hearing that news I remember walking from the farm with then both down into Harrogate proberbly going to the pictures or a dance happy happy days yes I think I got the younger brothers name correct I have tried looking him up but full of hope only to be dashed wrong person I always think it is a bit sad family spread about the country and world .I did think I might have got the other sister wrong as I never met her.

Granabella

Comment

I have replied to your PM Granabella

Comment

Working...
                                X