Latest Ancestry offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Ancestry offers

Hi can anybody help with the best current deals around for an Ancestry subscription. Are the cheapest deals around still attached to buying FTM? Any help appreciated trying to line up an Xmas pressie thanks
    My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Ancestry are currently selling the worldwide edition of FTM 2012 for £80, with 6 months worldwide Ancestry sub. That's more than £20 cheaper than Avanquest, who are normally cheaper. I've got a current Ancestry worldwide sub., so I can't get price details for any Ancestry subs.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I think amazon is still the best price. £66 for ftm 2012 program including 6 months worldwide sub and £37 for 6 months premium sub.

Comment

thanks John and Heather, might go for the six months premium subs.
        My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

Thanks very much for the link have now ordered my christmas present to myself!!!
          Angelina

Comment

When you think about it, people moan about the subs but blow me, how many hobbies that give you this much pleasure - and ancestrys resources are fantastic arent they - would be as cheap as this really?

Comment

and even cheaper with the FTM specials

Comment

Exactly Val :D

Comment

If they can discount heavily through their software, why don't they give a loyalty discount then?

Researching:
                  FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Don't forget the Tesco clubcard vouchers (if you have any) £19 for 2012 FTM and 6 months premium subs
                    DGJay

Comment

I let my ancestry subscription lapse last month with a view to waiting to see if I was offered a discount to renew or possibly purchasing a newer version of FTM with Ancestry sub included as a Christmas present to myself.
                      Today I received an email from ancestry offering me 3 months free subscription, with a renewal price of £80.55 for 12 months Premium subscription rather than the usual price of £107.40. Details as below:
                      General terms and conditions
                      *Special offer: Three months free based on Annual Premium membership special offer price of £80.55 per year compared to the normal annual premium membership price of £107.40. Price correct on date of email send but may vary on date of purchase. Offer available until 20 November 2011 at 00:00 GMT. Premium membership includes unlimited searching and viewing of all records available within Premium membership. To ensure that you get continuous access to Ancestry.co.uk your annual Premium membership will be renewed automatically at the end of the one-year subscription period and your chosen payment method will be debited at the standard rate applicable at the time.

Ancestry is a god-send to me as I use the Liverpool Parish records on an almost daily basis, so I think I may go with this offer It compares reasonably well with the cheapest current FTM deal of £37 for 6 months - I can cope with the extra 50p per month & it saves the hassle of looking for another deal in 6 months & buying yet another copy of FTM that I don't really need. Sadly I don't have any Tesco clubcard vouchers or I would definitely go with that suggestion :(.

Comment

thats certainly worth having , why is it I never get good offers like that??

Comment

My History has a good deal for the next two weeks:

Caroline
                          Caroline's Family History Pages
                          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Arilla, reading that email, it seems to me that the 3 months free has been factored into the £80.55 a year, not in addition to it? They are offering a years membership to you at £80.55 rather than the full whack £107.40 (which in essence is 3 months free)

*Special offer: Three months free based on Annual Premium membership special offer price of £80.55 per year compared to the normal annual premium membership price of £107.40

I think you would still be better off buying the ftm with 6 months free in that case? (£36)

That world edition for £59 including 6 months world wide sub is a good deal at my history.
                            Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 15-11-11, 13:10.

Comment

Thanks Heather, yes I do understand that this is essentially 12 months for the price of 9 & that the FTM deal is a bit better. The price is a lot closer to the FTM deals than the published subsciption price though (which is why I never auto-renew!) & for me it is probably worth the extra £8 to have it sorted for a year & not have 2 more copies of FTM for which I have no real use ;). I haven't taken the plunge yet though....

Comment

Currys are selling FTM Platinum 2012 with 6 months premium access for £29.99

Comment

Originally posted by Bev Nicholes View Post
                                  Now that sounds like a VERY good deal Bev! Off to check it out now....thanks for the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by Bev Nicholes View Post
                                    Well, I ordered this and it arrived today - so I know what one of my xmas pressies is!

What I can't understand is why they're selling FTM 2011 Premium for more than 2012 Premium?

Comment

are they ? did you get two FTms then you get a year cheaper I did.

Comment

Working...
                                      X