FTM 2012 for Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2012 for Mac

is there currently available an upgrade or full mac version for FTM 2012? I have the 2011 version.

Also is there a guide for the mac version available.

thanks

Paul
    My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Just looked on amazon uk

Family Tree Maker for MAC v2 (Mac)
    by Avanquest Software
    Platform: Mac OS X
    Like (0)
    Price: £38.84 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions
    Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.

This item will be released on January 11, 2012.

I have just pre ordered
    Last edited by Suein10b; 02-12-11, 09:13.
    Sue ;)

Comment

thanks Sue
      My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

In case anyone else is interest in this release date has been changed to 25 Jan 2012..

delayed again until Feb 3
        Last edited by Suein10b; 13-01-12, 11:15.
        Sue ;)

Comment

Well it looks like the Feb 3rd release date is still on. Ancestry UK has put a link on their FB page to where you can pre-order direct from them with a 30% discount on the normal price. Mind you even with this discount it's still cheaper on Amazon. I can't wait, I've had mine on order since November

Linda
          LindaG

Comment

My copy arrived from Amazon this morning although not installed yet.

Update installed this morning. Slow install and a large update. I imported my online ancestry tree. All working fine.
            Last edited by Suein10b; 05-02-12, 11:26.
            Sue ;)

Comment

This latest version is a pretty poor relation to the PC version which is far more stable and has a lot more features. Frankly I'm very disappointed with this latest version.

Comment

Never having used FTM before I have no idea how this new Mac version compares, but I got fed up using Family Historian through 'Parallels' (I do wish they would bring out a Mac version of their software) so thought I would try this. I think I can get on OK with FTM but what really sold it for me was the Sync facility with a tree on Ancestry. I do like the idea of only having to enter the data once.

Well guess what, I'm having trouble with the Sync. When I loaded the program up, I linked with one of my trees on Ancestry. All seemed OK, except I soon found that if I updated the tree online and then synced the two trees that updates would go onto my FTM tree just as it was supposed to. However, updating the FTM tree and then doing the sync and the updates wouldn't go onto my Ancestry tree.

I thought, never mind, I can cope with this until they fix it. Just do my updates online then sync with my FTM tree to update that one. Job Done. Or so I thought. I have since discovered that if I log out of my user account on my Mac or switch the computer off completely, next time I go into the program, FTM says the trees are not linked, but Ancestry says they are.

Hope they can sort this out soon. Has anyone else had the same or similar problems with the Mac version

Linda
                Last edited by Lindag; 08-02-12, 18:48.
                LindaG

Comment

Working...
                X