Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can anyone find the other spouse please..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone find the other spouse please..

I cant seem to find the other spouse for this

Joseph Holmes Jan-Feb-Mar 1857 Shardlow Derbyshire vol: 7b page: 467
    Samuel Holmes
    Jane Langton

can anyone else find the missing one please
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Mildred Courtman? Her ref number on FreeBMD is 4-7 Looks like 467 on image.

Moggie

Comment

mmm yes that does look like it Moggie, Thank you, not the one I am looking for though, must've married somewhere else.. back to the drawing board!!
      Julie

Comment

I've looked on GR Julie and as Moggie says it's Mildred Courtman. and the ref is 467... the 6 is faded quite a bit on the right hand side of the 6 on the file that GR has....
        Craig

Comment

if anyone else fancies having a look for this marriage I would be most grateful...

Joseph HOLMES b. 1833 marries Mary ?? they are together in 1861 with two children

in 1851 he is with his parents and unmarried

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

if anyone can find a marriage for this couple I'd be most grateful, thanks.

am not ignoring anyone if I don't reply, I have to go out for about an hour

thank you
          Julie

Comment

Not the one? then who are you looking for then Julie?
            Craig

Comment

what about Sept Qtr 1854 he could have married a Mary Halfpenny (or Julia Rose Hannah Vallance) in Shardlow.

There is also a Joseph marrying a Mary Roberts Jun Qtr 1861 in Shardlow...
              Craig

Comment

Could this be a possible

Marriages Sep 1854
                Dean James
                HALFPENNY Mary
                HOLMES Joseph
                Vallance Julia Rose Hannah
                Shardlow volume 7b page 451

with the 1851 showing a Mary Halfpenny born 1836 Worthington (which matches your 1861 census)
                Elaine

Comment

.. and working back with the 1851 census for Mary born 1836, this looks like the marriage of her parents

JAMES HALFPENNEY / ELIZABETH NEWBOLD
                  Marriage: 15 SEP 1834 Breedon On The Hill, Leicester, England

- with Newbold appearing as a second name for some of the children in the 1871 census.
                  Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by cpdavis35 View Post
                    what about Sept Qtr 1854 he could have married a Mary Halfpenny (or Julia Rose Hannah Vallance) in Shardlow.

There is also a Joseph marrying a Mary Roberts Jun Qtr 1861 in Shardlow...
                    oooh thanks.. that might be a good lead.

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                    Could this be a possible

Marriages Sep 1854
                    Dean James
                    HALFPENNY Mary
                    HOLMES Joseph
                    Vallance Julia Rose Hannah
                    Shardlow volume 7b page 451

with the 1851 showing a Mary Halfpenny born 1836 Worthington (which matches your 1861 census)
                    Thanks Elaine, matches what Craig has found. :smilee:

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                    .. and working back with the 1851 census for Mary born 1836, this looks like the marriage of her parents

JAMES HALFPENNEY / ELIZABETH NEWBOLD
                    Marriage: 15 SEP 1834 Breedon On The Hill, Leicester, England

- with Newbold appearing as a second name for some of the children in the 1871 census.
                    Yes, Thats what I was thinking Elaine, the Newbold connection I was thinking that Marys MN was NEWBOLD.. but wasnt far wrong..

Now then, this is all supposition anyway, I think that Joseph's Father (Samuel) is my Edward HOLMES' brother, Samuel appears on the 1851 cens with his mother MARY HOLMES she is a widow, I have also found Mary in 1841 with Edward & Harriet, though she is mistrans as HANNAH. (Harriet that is not Mary ..lol) I just wish I could find the births to tie it all in!!
                    Julie

Comment

Don't forget that FMP has detailed Derbyshire civil registration transcriptions from Derby FHS.

They don't seem to have that 1854 marriage yet.

Christine
                      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

ahh right Christine, I didn't know that.. I don't use FMP but that is certainly something to bear in mind :smilee:
                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                        X