Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Thomas Draper Marriage

Hi all
    I am looking for the marriage of John Thomas Draper b.1861 Attleborough,Norfolk & Susannah b.1859 Fakenham,Norfolk.I have John in 1881 census living in Hays Lane,Fakenham with step-father Robert Wilson & Mother Susan.In 1891 he his living with wife Susannah in Southampton.
    The only clue as to Susannahs surname might be that one of her sons,her grandson,great grandson & great great granddaughter all have the middle name Moore.Interestingly In the same street in 1881 there is a Susan Moore http://search.ancestry.co.uk/Browse/...kenham.ALL.2.9
    I have tried searching for marriage 1881 - 1891 but with no joy

Paul

There's a John Draper marries Susannah Tingey in Nottingham in Sep 1883. Its not the area you are expecting but they seem to be 'movers'!

The only other John Draper marrying a Susan* is in Bolton in 1896, which seems less likely.

Edit to say: in 1901 he is a Congregationalist minister. They move about all over the country. It would be highly unlikely that they didn't get married!
    Anne
    Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 10-11-11, 12:11.

Comment

Ahhh! In 1911 they say they have been married for 28 years ..... which equals 1883.

If you need the 1911 details PM me.
      Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
        Ahhh! In 1911 they say they have been married for 28 years ..... which equals 1883.

If you need the 1911 details PM me.
        Anne
        Thanks Anne,I have the 1911 census,that is why I think they must have married between 1881-1891.I agree that it is unlikely that they did not marry with him being a minister.
        The only other clue might be one of their sons has middle name Hedley & a grandson has middle names Headley Moore.
        Also I cannot find anything on John Thomas after 1917 where he is a vicar in East Boldre,Hampshire.
        Paul

Comment

getting one of john and sussannah's children's birth certs would give you her maiden name. sometimes it is cheaper to get one cert for a 'twig' (if they aren't direct ancestors) to help sort out the family.

Comment

Thanks Kyle,I think you may be right.It is just more satisfying to solve these puzzles oneself.( and cheaper )

Comment

Think I may have found marriage of John & Susanna.http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...608&recoff=3+4
              Susie Moore + John Thomas D Wilson Sep 1881 Wangford,Suffolk.This fits as in 1881 census John is living with stepfather Robert Wilson under the name John Wilson.
              What do you think ?
              Paul

Comment

It could be but you wouldn't really know unless you bought the certificate. It would mean they had been married 29 years in 1911 and not the 28 years they say.
                However the one I found was Sep 1883 so that would actually be 27 years! Take your pick!

Anne

Comment

Working...
                X