What was her real name.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was her real name.

I have William Johns and his wife Sophie (Sophia?) immigrating from Leicester to Tasmania aboard the Ocean Chief in 1855

With them they have Harriet...and there is a note saying Harriet Johns is not her real name but she is their niece.

Could someone tell me what her name is....I can't quite read it.

do you have a link to the article you are referring to Flashie? :smilee:
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

It is on ancestry....sorry I should have said that.

William Johns 50.....Sophia 48 with their children Emma 12....William 11 .....Thomas 9.......and the person I am tring to read theor real surname Harriett 17....but the 17 is crossed out and I can't read the rest.

Comment

If she is their neice and she is not a Johns...she can`t be Williams brothers daughter - so could she be the same surname as Sophia ?...maybe Sophias brothers daughter ? ...do you know Sophias maiden name ?....allan
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
        oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
        adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
        merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
        coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

I think it says

"this girls real name is Harriet Myring but came out under the name Johns as her cousin Harriet declined to immigrate"

THere's a 12yo Harriet Myring in the 1851 census, daughter of William and Phebe. Found the Johns family in 1841 and 1851 - they had daughter Harriet b abt 1838 and Hannah b abt 1831 as well

Di
          Last edited by dicole; 09-11-11, 09:52.
          Diane
          Sydney Australia
          Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Thanks for looking.

I am very new to this family......for many years I have resisted searching my natural family and stuck to my adoptive family.

But I recently found that William and Sophia Johns son Thomas is my (natural) great great grandfather.
            Last edited by flashieboy; 09-11-11, 10:13. Reason: adding a great

Comment

on the 1851 cens it gives Harriet as daughter aged 15

I can't find that list that you mention for the immigration in 1855 can you post a link to it please? (when you get to the item copy and paste the URL into this thread, it will then take me straight to it) :smilee:
              Julie

Comment

s'ok I have found it now... am having a look :smilee:
                Julie

Comment

looks like her name IS MYRING

Julie

Comment

is looking like Harriett MYRINGS Mum was Phoebe TIBBALDS.. which in turn could be Sophias sister.

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
                    Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                      is looking like Harriett MYRINGS Mum was Phoebe TIBBALDS.. which in turn could be Sophias sister.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.2/9Q15-Q4Y/p4
                      Might just be William's sister?

Christine
                      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

In the 1841 there is an older daughter called Hannah and then a big gap to Harriett, was William married previously?

William Johns 35
                        Sophia Johns 35
                        Hannah Johns 10
                        Harriett Johns 3
                        Emma Johns 2weeks

Comment

Phoebe Tibbalds was the daughter of Richard and Mary Tibbalds.......but I couldn't find a Sophia Tibbalds.

I found on IGI another two children for William and Sophia Johns.

James 7-5-1830
                          Mary Ann 1834 - 19-3-1837

If I am correct and William Johns (29-5-1802 Leicester) is the son of Thomas Johns and Hannah then there are a number os possibilites for Harriet Myring to be a great nice of Wiliams.

Comment

Working...
                          X