Look Up Please. Wolverhampton Records Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Look Up Please. Wolverhampton Records Office

If anyone visiting the W'ton Record Office has a few moments to spare could you do a BIRTH look-up for me please ( I'm in Devon, so rather a long way for me to travel:()

YATES Bertha Agnes b. 1905. Q1 6b 620

YATES Gilbert b. 1907. Q3 6b 609

The above are siblings, their father is James YATES ... I am most interested in finding out all possible details, especially the maiden name of the mother and the home address.

There is another sibling - however the BMD shows two records, both births registered at W'ton -

YATES Alfred (James?) b. 1905. Q4 6b 584

YATES Alfred (James?) b. 1906. Q2 6b 661

Many many thanks, eagerly awaiting any information

Kind Regards,

Nina.

Pardon me, don't know about the Wolverhampton RO, but is this the same family living in Jefferson, PA, USA in 1910? That family matches up amazingly well with names and year of births?

Also, any idea which church in Wolverhampton? At least a denomination?
    Last edited by PhotoFamily; 06-12-11, 01:07.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
      Pardon me, don't know about the Wolverhampton RO, but is this the same family living in Jefferson, PA, USA in 1910? That family matches up amazingly well with names and year of births?

Also, any idea which church in Wolverhampton? At least a denomination?

Thank you PhotoFamily,

Yes, this is the family that emigrated ... the siblings were all born in the Wolverhampton Registration District, possibly in the town of Tipton.

James YATES married a Mabel LANGFORD at St Mary and St John's Catholic Church, Wolverhampton Staffordshire on 15 June 1904. Witnesses were Joseph YATES, grooms brother and Alethea SMITH- relationship to either James or Mabel unknown. According to my records this Mabel ( Cotterill) LANGFORD was born Feb 1884 in Tipton, Staffs, the illegimate daughter of Keziah LANGFORD(born 1864. Tipton) This Mabel was my 1st cousin 2 x removed.

James and Mabel had three children while in England. After emigrating to America they had two more children.

Following Mabel's death, James married Althea SMITH ( the daughter of Benjamin SMITH and Keziah LANGFORD) Some US researchers have James's first wife as Mabel SMITH - I am convinced that this is probably because they associate Benjamin SMITHS wife Keziah as the mother of Mabel, perhaps the additional fact that Alethea SMITH witnessed the marriage of James and Mabel could also lead them to assume that Alethea was Mabels sister ?

There were two Keziah LANGFORDS ! born two years apart and living within a mile of each other - one was born 1862 in Coseley, Sedgley, Staffordshire, believed to later marry Benjamin SMITH.( also to emigrate to the USA) - the other Keziah, my gg aunt was born 1864 in Tipton, Staffs, the daughter of Samuel and Hannah LANGFORD.
      My Keziah LANGFORD married Isaiah JACKSON. Nov.1884.

I just need to tie up a few loose ends :-

1] the parentage of Keziah LANGFORD born 1862 in Coseley - so far I have been unable to trace a marriage certificate of Keziah LANGFORD to Benjamin SMITH to confirm Keziah's father

2] confirmation of the death of Mabel YATES nee Langford (in USA)

3] confirmation of James YATES 2nd marriage (in USA)

Nina.
      Last edited by Inahaystack; 30-12-11, 02:22.

Comment

Working...
      X