Isabella S Harrison born c1854 Philadelphia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isabella S Harrison born c1854 Philadelphia

Shown on 1880 Census(LDS Philadelphia) age 26,Dressmaker,Single, dau of Jane Harrison age 57 ,Widow,Dressmaker,Father & Mother born Scotland..possible mother Jane could be Jane Brown Shaw b22 Jan 1823@ Kelton,Kirkcudbright(parents John Shaw/Isabella McQuhae).. christian name of father is not known or whether the marriage took place in Scotland or USA..grateful for any help!

Sorry, not getting anywhere.
    Do you have anything additional that may help?
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

You can look on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk for the marriage. It's pay per view though.
      Margaret

Comment

There are no Shaw/Harrison marriages in the pre 1855 OPRs.
        Also none that fit in the statutory records from 1855. Perhaps they married in the US?
        Perhaps we should go back a step - why are you thinking that Isabella Harrison's mum was a Shaw?
        I know there is a good IGI for a Jane Shaw b c 1823 (as per census) that matches who you suggest.
        I wonder if we should try to trace the one on IGI to see when she disappears from Scotland.
        Last edited by herky; 08-11-11, 10:57.
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

John Shaw( father of Jane Brown Shaw) was believed born 1781@ Kelton a son of David Shaw & Jean Brown... have tried to find marriages in Scotland& USA with no luck and not knowing the Harrison christian name could not find birth(Scotland)or death(USA) as well as birth details of Isabella S (Shaw?) Harrison...hope this makes sense!!!
          Regards Phanuel

Comment

This may help... Census 1871 Walsall Isabella Harrison age 17,born Philadelphia,Milliner also her cousin Isabella Shaw age 12,born Glasgow...so it seems she returned to UK....Phanuel

Comment

Correction ..Cousin was Mary Isabella Shaw...Head on Census was Isabella Duncan age 30 ,Commercial Travellers wife,born Castle Douglas...P

Comment

There is a Jane Harrison, b abt 1827, died 19 May 1884 in Pennsylvania -indexed on Ancestry. It's supposed to be from a Philadelphia Death Certificate Index. That record should be available on familysearch, but I can't get it to pop up

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
                  There is a Jane Harrison, b abt 1827, died 19 May 1884 in Pennsylvania -indexed on Ancestry. It's supposed to be from a Philadelphia Death Certificate Index. That record should be available on familysearch, but I can't get it to pop up
                  Strange - it doesn't appear for me either, not on old search or new.
                  herky

Comment

I looked for the entry in the death registry. Perhaps I found it. The surname might be Harrison - or anything else that starts out HA.

It seems to say she's born in Ireland.

Comment

Working...
                    X