Ancestry: "New content has been added to your tree"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry: "New content has been added to your tree"

Just logged on to my emails to find a message from Ancestry entitled "New content has been added to your tree" and the message reads .....

[my name]

Our family tree ([name of the tree] Tree) is growing.

New People
    2 people have been added: Thomas Evans (1834 - )
    Hannah (abt 1832 - )

Check out all the new updates or add your own memories.

I have "shared" my tree with a Guest (i.e. someone who can view, but not edit) so I am puzzled as to how this Tree could have grown without my imput.

Any ideas, anyone?

STG
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

I would check the tree permissions as it is certain that someone has added to your tree if it wasn't you!
    Margaret

Comment

I have checked and the person I permitted as a Guest, is still "just" listed as a Guest. I've contacted Ancestry and await, with some concern, their reply.

Comment

Ancestry is sending me such messages for changes that I have made. I think they may have a software hiccup

Comment

That makes me feel a bit better, esp. as I thought that I'd already got that particular Thomas and Hannah in my tree.

Thanks
          STG

Comment

I think I have had that message in the past when someone I have shared my tree with has updated their Ancestry tree. If you click on it it will probably show their updates.

Comment

Yes I've just started a new tree as I'm doing some research for my friend and I got sent an email "new content has been added to my tree" - I know I just did it!!!! lol

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I just got similar email off ancestry and it was me who added the info - no one else has access to any of my trees so maybe they are just 'communicating' with us. just wish they would open up indexed 1911 England census instead!
                Angelina

Comment

Originally posted by angelina View Post
                  just wish they would open up indexed 1911 England census instead!
                  they were just bragging in a newsletter they had uploaded some counties.

Comment

have you checked the 'comments' boxes? maybe someone has added them in hope that you initiate contact?
                    Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                      have you checked the 'comments' boxes? maybe someone has added them in hope that you initiate contact?
                      The problem here is that you can't add anything to anyone's tree unless they have given you editing rights so it couldn't be anyone hoping for contact.

Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                        The problem here is that you can't add anything to anyone's tree unless they have given you editing rights so it couldn't be anyone hoping for contact.

Margaret
                        you can add comments Margaret, without having any editing rights, though whether they send you an email to say something has been added I don't know! :smilee:
                        Julie
                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                        X