Phebe Coverly Young - 1820, St Dunstans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phebe Coverly Young - 1820, St Dunstans

I don't understand how they can just disappear!

Phebe Coverly, daughter of Edward & Priscilla Coverly, born 25 Jan 1801, birth registered at Dr William's Library.

Married Robert William Young, St Dunstans, 3 Jul 1820.

Then nothing. Can't find him either. Can anyone find them

Thanks
    Sarah

Can anyone look in the national burial index?

Comment

wonder if this her in 1841
      Phoebe Young 1801
      in Evesham Union Worcestershire
      says she and some of the children not born in county
      H0107 1191 1/7 7

Comment

I doubt it? I think the same Phoebe Young is in 1851 & 1861, born Warwickshire.

I suspect she died or immigrated or remarried if Robert died.

Comment

you havn't been able to find a phoebe young marriage?

Comment

the only burial which fits with age is a phoebe young bur.1824, age 24 in worle somerset. so unless you have reason to suspect she left london, she is probably in a parish or more likely a year ancestry hasn't transcribed.

Comment

Have you considered this one - from London Deaths and Burials on ancestry.

Phoebe Young age 52yrs - buried 24 March 1850.
              Residence 8 Great Russell Street, St Giles In the Fiels,
              Church - Kensal Green All Souls, Kensington and Chelsea.

bcbrit
              George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

Thanks, Kyle & bc -
                I have no reason to believe she left the area but i only know the two events! Yes, I do have the marriage of Phebe & Robert, and her birth registration. Difficult to know if either burial is hers, at least, not without buying the 1850 cert.

Kyle, is there way to find out which parish records have not been transcribed - some big wish list? There's still a birth in 1834 in "Middlesex London" that I'd love to find!

sarah

Comment

you don't need a sub to see what parishes are in the london database on ancestry. if you select a parish, you can see what years ancestry has covered. for example if you know john smith was born in 1800 in soho, and the registers on ancestry finish in 1799, then you know you aren't nuts!

Comment

sometimes you will know what parish your ancestor was from, and ancestry won't have covered the parish as far as you need is all.

Comment

There is a burial for a Robert Young (aged 39) on 20 May 1841 in Stepney St Dunstan and All Saints

- so that would be one month before the 1841 census.
                      Address is given as MEOT (Mile End Old Town)
                      Elaine

Comment

Elaine - a death cert wouldn't give me any family names except informant, would it? If I ordered a cert for a woman, it lists her husband, but a man's?

Comment

Thanks again, Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
                            Elaine - a death cert wouldn't give me any family names except informant, would it? If I ordered a cert for a woman, it lists her husband, but a man's?
                            I think the best you would get out of the death certificate is the informant being a possible relation and maybe an address where he died that you could trace on the 1841 census to see if any family are still living there.
                            Elaine

Comment

Working...
                            X