Info on death cirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on death cirt

Trying to find/confirm my info on my great grand father James Clark, have now found a birth that looks promising, but it has him as James Thomas Clarke, have his marriage cirt, on that it has father as a William ( fair few of cirts have in tree info on marriage cirts economical with truth) dont think thats right.
    Clark/e a very common name in area so fair few birth cirts, hopefully one now is potentially right. Seems to be fewer deaths with name in area around right time. If was to aim to get right one is it likely to have his full name.
    This part of tree is getting a bit expensive, am waiting for a potential death, but not sure it will be right. Those with more experience what would they do

The information on the death certificate is given by someone else so has the potential to be very wrong, it depends who the informant is in relation to the deceased and how well they knew the person.

So if it was a close relative eg wife / son / daughter then more likely to be accurate but they only know what they have been told by the deceased!

The best you can do is find one that corresponds to the information you have nearest to the date of death and go for that. Another way to go is see if you can find a burial and from that see if there are other names that are in your tree buried in the same plot or cemetery.

Are you saying the father on the birth cert does not correspond with the one you see on the marriage cert?

Margaret

Comment

No it corresponds to names expected before got marriage cirt , but (why is there often a but) did not expect a middle name, am getting very confused with this bit of tree
      Unfortunately most are buried at Nunhead and that is in a right mess
      Last edited by mikeg13; 04-11-11, 18:05.

Comment

Lots of people added or deleted middle names at whim. I've also got people changing names, so a baby registered as Rose decides to call herself Rosella on her marriage cert. It makes things difficult, especially when you have a popular surname.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

My grandmother added a name in front of her original Christian name. My grandfather added a middle name (but he was inclined to vary a lot of his info according to what was most convenient at the time!).

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
          X