Windows 8 - beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 8 - beta

I run Vista - If I download Windows 8 Beta what happens. Does it run alongside Vista or does it replace it?

Will I be able to uninstall it easily if I do not like?

Can the kind experts tell the 'pros and cons' please.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Beta versions are versions that are still in development
    Do not install a beta, wait until the 'de bugged' (well as much as they can) version is released

"if it ain't broke.......don't fix it"

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thank you for your expert advice much appreciated.
      Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Do not use the Window 8 Beta. Suggest you either upgrade to W7. You can install W7 over Vista without losing your programs. Or make a mirror image of your HD, and do a clean install with W7. Double check the MS website to ensure which option is best for you. As Trevorfranklin already pointed out. Its a Beta. Still under development and testing. I've Beta tested MS Operating systems in the past, and they can be pretty buggy and unstable, and in many cases incompatible with some of your software. Take care and thanks for listening.

Comment

Richard,
          Thank you for your view which is very helpful. I just happen to read in a magazine somewhere that it was now available and this is why I asked the question as I had no idea how it would work.
          I do not want W7 on this PC. I could not cope with a 'mirror image backup' etc far too complicated for me.
          I have windows 7 on my net book and that is a nightmare and will have little choice but to have it on a laptop soon.
          The views and help on this site are better than any magazine.
          Cheers,
          Margaret N

Comment

Working...
          X