No announcement yet.

Can anyone see Ben Taylor please 1851?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone see Ben Taylor please 1851?

Benjamin John Taylor born Southwark in 1824. Parents William Clark Taylor and Sarah Rogers.

Whole family are wood carvers. Can see Ben (my GGFx2) in 1841 with family but then he disappears until 1861 when he is in Newington with a wife called Emma born 1826 Southwark. They are alone. In the 1871 they are in St Marylebone and they have one daughter Maria, born 1863 in Camberwell.

I cant see him in 1851 and I cant find a marriage. Anyone got better eyes/brain please?

NB, There is another Benjamin Taylor born a few years later in Rotherhithe who moves to Essex - this isnt my bloke.
    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 01-11-11, 00:03.

in 1841 i see benjamin taylor age 18, b.1823 living at 'Russell Place, St George, Kent Road, Southwark" with parents william and sarah.

i cant see anything obvious.

Comment

There are'nt many Benjamin Johns to choose from Heather but dozens of Johns. My knowledge of the London Areas is'nt good but perhaps worth checking out if you havent already done so.

Comment

Thanks people, I have him in 1841 and 1861 - its 51 Im looking for :( It just seems odd that he has just one child at a mature age. I wondered if I may find him already married to someone else with other kids in the 51.

Ive looked at Johns aswell Alan - but no sign. There is a Ben Taylor constantly in and out of prison who I thought may be him but then the timing/age was wrong. Im wondering if he went abroad or in the navy or something. I cant find one of his bros either til later.

Comment

Do you have a William Matthew Taylor in that part of your tree at all Heather?
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Forget that last question Heather, I found the family in 1871 - I'm getting fanciful again :o
            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 01-11-11, 10:38.

Comment

The most likely birth for Maria seems to be - Oct-Dec 1862 - Maria Jane Taylor - Camberwell 1d 510.
              I know that's not what you are looking for but thought I would add it in case you haven't already got it.

Comment

Hi Chris, yes I saw that one but no baptism is coming up for her. It all seems a bit odd. This is a line that Ive had to find having discovered Id followed the wrong Maria previously :( I wish I could keep that family as they seemed much nicer and more active

Comment

when i was looking around at the ben's, there was a few already married of the right age, but born rotherhithe or somewhere else. made me wonder if one of them was yours, or that was the one that you say ran off to essex.

Comment

Frustrating isnt it :(

Comment

Working...
                    X