Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get copy of Sussex Advertiser 1862?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get copy of Sussex Advertiser 1862?

I am looking for more information on what Robert Pursglove did on that day.
    I know it is in the London gazette (attached) that he had to surrender his estates etc, but want to see if the local paper gives more information.
    Samuel in the entry in the same paper was his son. Samuel died 1864 and Robert 1870
    I know that it will be as a hard copy in the local record office in Lewe, but I do not live in that area.
    What I want is a copy of the 18th Nov 1862 edition.

Does anyone live in the area and would be willing to look it up?

Thanks
    Trev
    Attached Files

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Try your local library to see if they have the Gale 19th centuary newspapers, it may be included there.

Edna

Comment

I have internet access to the Lancashire records Office Website which has the Gale collection you can join on line and they send membership through the post all free and you can read the newspapers up to 1900.

Edna

Comment

Thanks Edna
        I have searched the Gale site, they only have the Sussex Advertiser for a few months in 1791 via the Burnley collection

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Samuel is in print for finging a white Mole which he was having stuffed Birmingham Post has reported it from the Sussex Advertiser address is Flowers Green Hurstmoncaux May 30th 1862

Edna

Comment

Originally posted by clematised View Post
            Samuel is in print for finging a white Mole which he was having stuffed Birmingham Post has reported it from the Sussex Advertiser address is Flowers Green Hurstmoncaux May 30th 1862

Edna
            ????? finging a white Mole which he was having stuffed ???

Researching:

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
              ????? finging a white Mole which he was having stuffed ???
              He had been having difficulty with Moles in his garden and had been trapping them, thus he found one "as white as snow" which was unusual so he had decided to have it stuffed as that was what people did with animals back then

Edna

Comment

Oh
                'Finding'
                Your typo confused me

That ties in extremely well, as they lived at Flowers green 1856 to 1863 until they were forced to sell and leave to live in mayfield.
                BURTENSHAW AND SON OF HAILSHAM, AUCTIONEERS AND VALUERS valued it in 1862, then in 1863 it was auctioned, which is when Robert left for mayfield.

Researching:

Comment

Working...
                X