Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help me find Elizabeth Clarke PLEASE ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help me find Elizabeth Clarke PLEASE ???

Elizabeth Clarke is proving to be a great stumbling block to me...HELP is very much needed, PLEASE...

ELIZABETH BROUGH b 1848 in Birmingham..I have found her on the 1851/ on the 1861 when she seems to be called "Betsy" with her family in Wolverhampton/on the 1871 she is still with her family in Wolverhampton aged 21 & a sewing machinist (Elizabeth again). She married Bryan Clarke 20/05/1872 St Mark's Church Wolverhampton (a child, Lavinia Clarke, was baptised 12/05/1873 @ St James Church Wolverhampton & assumed to have died June Qtr 1874 aged 1) & that is the last time I can find any mention of Bryan Clarke. On the death certificate of her brother, Thomas, 02/03/1880 the informant was Elizabeth Clarke ( Sister) & this is my last sighting of Elizabeth Clarke... can anyone with better eysight than me find this couple after 1880 PLEASE. Note: I have considered that Elizabeth MAY have married again ..BUT...I have looked at all Clarke marriages 1884 - 1901 & chased up the new surnames but none of them match my Elizabeth.
    So where oh where are the Clarkes hiding ?????

Thanks for looking at my post...

Margaret.
    Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

hi margaret, is there any chance it could be elizabeth clark b. abt 1845 birmingham - patient at "royal portsmouth portsea & gosport hospital" on the 1881 census. she is listed as a widow and dressmaker. shera

Comment

There's a Betsy CLARKE, 31, b Birmingham, of indeterminate marital status here in 1881: RG11/2805 fo 15 p 23
      She's a domestic servant in the household of George & Maria METCALFE in Wolverhampton.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you both...I will chase up those 1881 sightings....
        Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

Comment

if you havent found it this is the 1881:

Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
          X