No announcement yet.

Can anyone find GRACE in 1901, please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone find GRACE in 1901, please?

Grace Tarling, born North Weald, Essex, c1877

1881 & 1891 she was in the parental home at North Weald Bassett.

1901 - parents (Frederick Hugh & Eliza) had moved to Hove, Sussex and the two youngest children lived in the parental home.
    Eldest child Ellis was married & living in Harlow
    Grace's elder sister Louisa became Mrs Gerard Harbers in 1897 - marriage took place in Sussex - can't find the Harbers either in 1901.
    Younger sister Amy Tarling had remained in Essex & was recorded with maternal uncle & family.
    Where was Grace in 1901?

Grace is believed to have married William George Kirk in Woolwich in 1904. They had two sons, the younger born in Denmark in 1909. Grace died before 1911 census, when William was recorded in Woolwich at the home of his parents - he was a widower.

Thanks for reading
    Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

have you got the reference to 1891 as I cannot find her in 1901 either thought that might help ?

Comment

Sorry - I am not doing well these days - I can't find her and it is annoying me.
      I did find Amy on my searches.
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I think in 1891 Frederick and family are listed as "FARLING"

1363 118 27
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thank you for looking, Val & Herky

Here is the 1891 ref RG12; Piece: 1363; Folio 118; Page 27
          (mistranscribed as Farling)

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

no wonder I couldn't find them in 1891 I'm looking on FMP and its transcribed as Farwig ??? lol

Comment

I've reported that to FMP, Val!

Jay
              Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

I am not having any luck ? sorry may have another go later

Comment

Thanks for trying, Val.

Jay
                  Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

I can't find Louisa and Gerard either.

.................and I can't find their marriage ....................
                    Last edited by herky; 30-10-11, 14:18.
                    herky

Comment

Thanks for spending your time on this Herky.
                      According to FreeBMD, Louisa and Gerard married in Steyning Reg Dist in Sep qtr 1897.

Jay

ETA - and Grace's future husband, William George Kirk, is also missing. He was a tourist's agent (working for Thomas Cook??) so could well have been abroad - the only England census he appears in is 1911.

According to 1911, Gerard was born in Germany - I suppose it's possible he and Louise could have been out of the country in 1901??? But would Grace have gone too?? A mistranscription seems more likely??
                      Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 30-10-11, 14:36.
                      Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

I can't see the Barbers either.. or Grace in 1901 so you are not on your own :(
                        Julie
                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks for looking, Julie.

Jay
                          Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

I've tried looking for HARBERS, along with variants. I've also tried looking for young Harry Edgar, b 1900q4 Steyning, but had no joy. I guess Gerard might have used his German version - Gerhardt - but that doesn't show up, either.

I tried looking for various combinations - including the German birthplace, but without any joy. Sorry.

Christine
                            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thankyou for trying Christine.

Jay
                              Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

I tried *arber Har?er but it I didnt get anything like either..
                                Julie
                                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks, Julie. I appreciate your time.

Jay
                                  Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Working...
                                  X