Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I crop the marriage cert I need from LMA records?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I crop the marriage cert I need from LMA records?

Hi
    I know that I have done this in the past but can't remember how to do it now.
    When you download a marriage cert from the LMA records on Ancestry you get all 4 certs that come on the page. How can you crop the one related to your family & print it so that it is large enough to read. I've tried opening it in Paint but the image is so enormous & with no way of making it smaller so that you can put a box around it & then copy into another document.
    Any help much appreciated.
    Moggie

you can open the saved document in Picasa moggie, and then crop it from there, OR if you use windows Vista/7 you can select the snip tool from the search box and use that :smilee:
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I save it to my pictures, then crop in the usual way. I insert a textbox into a landscape word doc and then insert the image into the textbox. I add another textbox underneath and then add any text I want to - I usually use a fairly large font to write names of bride & groom.... married on .... at St XX church in ........
      Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

the snip tool is brilliant I only found out I had one recently from somebody on here .

Comment

Thanks for all your suggestions. I've downloaded the Picasa program & have been playing around with it. Where can I find the snip tool?
          Moggie

Comment

Originally posted by maudarby View Post
            Thanks for all your suggestions. I've downloaded the Picasa program & have been playing around with it. Where can I find the snip tool?
            Moggie
            if you use Vista or win7 goto start and in the searchbox type in 'snip' you then should see it come up, (its inbuilt to Vista/win7 operating systems)
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

if you windows picture manager? i think it is, you can edit photos, it usually opens up. otherwise a picture viewer should have an edit button, especially if you right click on the saved image!

Comment

Working...
              X