1871 help needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1871 help needed please

Throughout their married life Thomas (b1816 Hardwick / Coventry)and Sarah (b1816 Chilvers Cotton / Kenilworth) Benson lived in the Holy Trinity area of Coventry. Occupation for both of them = ribbon weavers.

I've found them in 1841, 1851, 1861, 1881 and 1891 ..... can anyone please locate them in 1871?

Thanks
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

There's a Thomas and Harriet Benson of the right ages, in the right area, in 1871. I wonder if Harriet was Sarah?

Comment

I reckon that could be them too RG10 3180 54 2 living in 12 Brook Street Coventry Warwickshire

Comment

Hi Mary and Val - Thanks for looking

I saw that one too ... but wondered why she was Harriett in 1871 and Sarah on all other censuses ????

Comment

Originally posted by LeicestershireLass View Post
          Hi Mary and Val - Thanks for looking

I saw that one too ... but wondered why she was Harriett in 1871 and Sarah on all other censuses ????
          Just a mistake by the enumerator??
          Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
            Just a mistake by the enumerator??
            Margaret
            That's a possibility ... it's little wonder that we sometimes go round in circles - enumerator errors, changing dates and places of birth, transcription errors etc

Comment

Working...
            X