Looking for Henry Wood born Ripple Kent 1820

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Henry Wood born Ripple Kent 1820

This is a very hard nut to crack, I am trying to find a birth record like a needle in a haystack.
    Its for Henry Wood\s born Ripple Kent 1820 if his dates are correct. His fathers name was Henry and
    his mothers name was Jane, he has put on 1 certificate Austen this could be wrong. He came to
    Australia in 1840, he also may have had a brother named Thomas. He was born into a poor family
    I am of the thinking. He had stated he was born in Deal Kent but this is all he may have known.

There is a baptism entry in FamilySearch

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Henry Wood
    Christening Date: 16 Apr 1820 Ripple, Kent, England
    Father's Name: Henry Wood
    Mother's Name: Jane

Collection: England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
    Elaine

Comment

There is a tree on Ancestry which shows Henry Wood born 16 April 1820 Ripple Kent, parents Henry Wood & Jane Jordan.
      Siblings for Henry listed as
      • Job
      • Thomas 1818 -
      • James 1822 - 1822
      • Elizabeth Ann 1823-1823
      • Jane 1824 -
      • William 1824 - 1825
      • Alexander 1835 -

Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine I didn't know about the baptism for Henry Wood on Family Search.It must
        have been a recent entry. The Jane Jordan is another ball being tossed around we just
        need some concrete evidence of his birth for starters. He was part illiterate and depending
        on how broad his accent was as to how it was interpreted.

Comment

Working...
        X