Kaspersky or Microsoft Essentials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaspersky or Microsoft Essentials?

My Kaspersky does not have long to run and was wondering what people think of the Microsoft essentials ??? is it as good ? I have also read its not good to run both at the same time so would I need to uninstall Kaspersky first ? thanks

Have been using MS Security Essentials ever since it came out..

Yes you would need to uninstall kaspersky first
    https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

thanks Grim as its free thought it worth a go.

Comment

Hello Val,

I have been using MS Essentials for about two years and fingers crossed it is doing its job well. I download very little so that may make a difference. I would recommend it. Do be sure to uninstall all other similar programmes.
        Margaret N
        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

hi Margaret hope your okay ? I think I will install that as soon as Kaspersky runs out , Kasperksy has been good but am sure it slows me down?

Comment

Originally posted by Grimsqueaker View Post
            Have been using MS Security Essentials ever since it came out..
            Tim, is it necessary to run anything else alongside it, e.g. malawarebytes ?
            Elaine

Comment

I'd suggest Microsoft Essentials. Despite it being MS, it does a pretty good job. You can always do a backup using a free anti-virus like AVG. Malware is another very good program

Comment

I was wondering the same thing Elaine??
                Richard would you need to run both Microsoft essentials and AVG ? was thinking you wouldn't need anything else?

Comment

Found this Elaine it seems not

The long answer? Microsoft Security Essentials is free software that helps protect against viruses, spyware, worms, and other malicious or unwanted software. Microsoft Security Essentials has already won awards and gotten great reviews from security experts. And it's free. If you use Microsoft Security Essentials you don't need to install any other antivirus or antispyware software.
                  In fact, if you run more than one antivirus or antispyware program at once it might affect your computer's performance. If you already have antivirus software and you want to install Microsoft Security Essentials, see Uninstalling existing antivirus or antispyware programs before installing Microsoft Security Essentials.
                  Note: Windows 7 and Windows Vista both come with antispyware software called Windows Defender. If you install Microsoft Security Essentials it will automatically disable (but not uninstall) Windows Defender. It does this so that you don't have two programs on your computer that are doing the same thing. For more information, see Microsoft Security Essentials vs. Windows Defender.
                  If you want to install another antivirus program, uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials first.
                  For more information about Microsoft Security Essentials, see Help protect your PC with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Comment

I have Microsoft Security Essentials and it has already stopped two harmful viruses stone dead!! Would have been a long job for Dave to get rid of them had it not done it's job.
                    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

well if Dave likes it so do I thats recommendation enough for me thanks Wendy , do you have anything ese installed like a malaware or spyware programme ?

Comment

No we don't have anything else installed.
                        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

thanks thats encouraging

Comment

Working...
                          X