Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electoral roll look up

Hi
    I need help with an Electoral Roll look up please in Armidale N.S.W. ( in the New England area ) for a John Donnalan and wife Catherine between the years 1834 to 1903
    ossiegirl
    Last edited by ossiegirl; 29-10-11, 22:14.

Ossiegirl........the Electoral Roles on Ancestry don't start until 1903.

Comment

Hi flashieboy
      Thank you for your reply, do you have any suggestion on how to follow up on this, as John was mention by local researcher as been on the Electoral in the late 1800's
      Ossiegirl

Comment

ossiegirl
        Ancestry shows that in the 1901 census, Catherine Donnellan lived in Rusden (?) St Armidale, on her own. Her death shows as 1903, but she did not get into the Electoral Roll. Before 1901 there were no federal electoral rolls (which is what ancestry has), only state rolls. You might have to check the state library of NSW - I know they have old electoral rolls, but don't know how far back they go. Or NSW state records.

Have you tried TROVE newspapers database ?

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/arti...Term=donnellan armidale&searchLimits=

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/arti...Term=donnellan armidale&searchLimits=
        Diane
        Sydney Australia
        Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Hello Diane
          Thank you for your reply this is my Catherine Donnellan living in Rusden St Armidale I didn't have that information that another piece of the puzzle. Catherine died 1903 and John died 1879 I have seen their surname name spelt so many different ways. Donnellen/Donellan/Donelan/Donelian/Donnelan/ Donnallen/Donnellan the last one seems to be the way it is spelt the most. I appreciate your aissistance
          Robyn
          Last edited by ossiegirl; 30-10-11, 22:10.

Comment

Working...
          X