looking for Frederick William RICHES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for Frederick William RICHES

Looking for information on Frederick William Riches and Ada Riches nee Kelling. Married 1909 Paddington, London. I can't seem to find them so was wondering if someone could spot them.

Thanks
    Craig

What do you mean spot them Craig? The marriage is as you said and ref 1a 183, which I assume you know.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

do you have him on any census Craig?
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Incidentally - in a long list of posts, it might be worth putting more useful info in your heading, since so many of teh posts will be about "looking for info". Names and dates or resources needed, would give people more clue as to whether it's relevant to look.

If you'd like your heading changed to something like "looking for info: RICHES in paddington, 1911", one of us mods could do that for you.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Can't see them on 1911 but since you haven't given any ages or places of birth it's difficult to be definite.
          Margaret

Comment

hi, yes, sorry...

All i have is from 1901 census...Frederick aged 35 living with his first wife Lily (nee Gosling) aged 33. Fred supposed to have been born in Willesden Middx but i have found no birth record or him on any census prior to 1901. Lily died 1907 and Frederick then married Ada Kelling in 1909 but i can't find Fred & Ada after they married...it's like they just vanished.
            Last edited by cpdavis35; 28-10-11, 00:19.
            Craig

Comment

if you could change the heading to that christine that would be great thanks.
              Craig

Comment

Maybe this is the daughter Elizabeth as an inmate in Cardiff Wales 1911
                RG14 32099 Page 7
                There is also 4 births 1912-20 in Kensington to Riches & Kelling.
                Maybe they were on a holiday in 1911;D
                Could someone check a family on the 1911 as i don't have any credits left.Thanks
                Frederick William Richards born 1876 living Kensington.
                Last edited by niftynannie; 28-10-11, 02:52.

Comment

Originally posted by niftynannie View Post
                  RG14 32099 Page 7
                  Could someone check a family on the 1911 as i don't have any credits left.Thanks
                  This is the entry

RICHARDS, Frederick Patient Married M 37 1874 Petman
                  address Rackham Street North Kensington

Comment

I have altered the title for you Craig, left it rather loose as then if any member finds him on the census prior to 1901 then they could add it here.
                    Julie

Comment

Can't see him on the passenger lists leaving UK

Comment

Originally posted by niftynannie View Post
                        RG14 32099 Page 7
                        Even if they were on holiday they would be shown somewhere - I'm assuming it's unlikely they went abroad for a holiday.
                        Margaret

Comment

for anyone else helping:

1901: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...ki1901&indiv=1
                          Source Citation: Class: RG13; Piece: 9; Folio: 114; Page: 49.
                          Julie

Comment

This might be connected:

Name: Frederick William Riches
                            Baptism Date:11 Sep 1864
                            Father's Name: Frederick William Riches
                            Mother's Name:Louisa Riches
                            Borough:Hammersmith and Fulham

Julie

Comment

Well - looking at the 1901 there is an Ada Hennings (transcript) age 35 and a child Ellen Hennings age 11 months living as boarders in the household. Looking at the image it is very unclear what the names of these two are and I suggest it is Kelling! The age is right for Ada and I wonder who the father of the child Ellen is!!??

Have you got a death for Lily or are you assuming that's the case because of the second marriage?

There are 3 children from Frederick's first marriage so apart from Elizabeth who you think is in Cardiff - where are the others in 1911?

Margaret

Comment

sorry guys!!! I put the name the wrong way around!! (I blame the children distracting me!!) lol!!!
                                Julie

Comment

One of Fredericks marriage certs, particularly the first one, should give you his fathers name and occupation. Always supposing he told the truth.
                                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

As he was the only Frederick William in Paddington London at that time i looked at the bmd's and saw that Lily died Sept Qtr 1907 and she was of the correct age. Then saw that Frederick William remarried in 1909 to Ada Kelling which i put two and two together to hopefully make 4 that she is the same ada that was living with him in 1901 as a boarder.

I did see Elizabeth in Cardiff...is that a boarding school of some kind?

I do know that the 2 oldest kids on 1901, Elizabeth and William, were born before Frederick married Lily. So they had her surname on the births, Gosling. However not found no bapts/Christenings for anyone on the 1901 census. That's a quite possible baptism Julie, thanks.

I have got the kids born after 1911...just wish the oldest of those was born a year earlier and would hopefully been on 1911 census to find them lol....searching is never easy but always enjoyable!
                                    Craig

Comment

The address for Elizabeth in Cardiff is The Home of the Good Shepperd and she is shown as a laundress - it seems to be all women in there. Might be worth googling the name to see what comes up.
                                      Margaret

Comment

Google searching it looks like an orphanage.
                                        Craig

Comment

Working...
                                        X