Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Garlands of Thelneathem, Suffolk. U.K.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Garlands of Thelneathem, Suffolk. U.K.

I visited Thelneathem parish church Suffolk, and have seen the entry of marriage James Garland ( born 1819 ) to Margaret Disdale on the 9th November 1846.
    In the marriage book it showes James Garlands farther as Joseph.this is the last line I have reached, it is possible Josepth married a Keiza King..not sure.
    Can anybody help trace this line further back

thanks
    GARY

Welcome to the forum, Gary.

Do you know Joseph's occupation?
    Did the marriage entry say that Joseph was deceased?
    Do you have any siblings for James.
    Who were the witnesses to the marriage of James and Margaret?

Have you seen this possible baptism for James (FamilySearch)
    Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

James Garland
    Christening Date: 22 Nov 1818 Thelnetham, Suffolk
    Father's Name: Joseph Garland
    Mother's Name: Kezia Garland
    Elaine

Comment

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.2/9WPD-94G/p1 Familysearch have this birth of James Garland to parents Joseph and Kezia Garland 22Nov 1818

Edna

Comment

Hi All. Thanks for your welcome.

Joseph was a agricaltral labour, as were most people in Thelneathem were in the early 1800s.
        Yes I have seen that Joseph Garland was married to Kezia Garland, and I belive her madien was King or Kerry. , the marriage certificate did not show has deceased . All signitures were signed with a ..X ... And the local vicar confirmed that groom and bride and father and mother could not write.
        I have sibling names of James.......... William ( 1846 ), John (1847 ), Ellima (1854 ) George (1857 ).
        What I am trying to do is find Josephs birth date and marriage date, as James was born 1819, his father must have been born 1700s

Comment

Working...
        X