Please can someone help with name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please can someone help with name?

I am once again on my roundabout of fruitless searches for my G.Grandfather.
    I have revisited this census entry and wondered if anyone can help read the entry for transcribed Jatuline Perry. someone has written an ammendment of Pauline, however their age is written in the male column and within the occuption, it states fundholder and second son of Earl ..... . I thought it may be worth searching from him (Earl) to see whether there is an actual link within this one, as I have pretty much exhausted other avenues.

Thank you .... Mandy
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Could it be Earl of Beverley?
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thank you Herky

I thought the same, but just wanted confirmation.

So in fact the name should be Percy, having googled. Probably another dead end, but may take a few hours just to triple check. There are some things in the google piece about Josceline Percy that do overlap with family legend.
      Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Dead end again, I think, with this one. But it was looking hopeful at one point. Ah well back to the drawing board.
        Bubblebelle x

Comment

it looks like Beverley to me Mandy...
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie,

Now found to be another dead end. Now to check a marriage cert I have found on London marriages. I will one day find him!!!
            Bubblebelle x

Comment

I haven't seen your earlier searches - what name/dob/place of birth are you looking for

Comment

Thanks for the offer Margaret... but this is a long standing search and was part of the Who do you think you are series on familytree forum. You actually came up with some ideas, along with others, sadly none have really helped with new info.
                Every so often I try to find him again with fresh eyes.

I am away for a few weeks from tomorrow, so if anyone does reply and I don't follow up please do not think I am ignoring you.

PS progress since WDYTYA: I have found William Youells parents and discovered that Leslie Perry was in fact Dorothy Perrys illegitimate son, formally adopted by her parents.
                Bubblebelle x

Comment

Thanks I remember now and we we're a huge help other than maybe to help discount things!

The other thing is that new data sets are coming on all the time - I was stuck for 3 years on one of my ?x great grandparents but then had another go last year and found them in the London parish records that cam online. That enabled me to make the link to another line that I had researched in a lot of detail knowing the were mine but not having the linking ancestor's name.

So coming back very now and again is bound to result in success eventually!
                  Margaret

Comment

Working...
                  X