1911 census on Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 census on Ancestry

Sorry if it has already been posted, but I have just noticed that Wales, Isle of Man and Channel Islands are now fully searchable on Ancestry
    Just need them to digitise the England/Scotland records and maybe my decision to pay for another year's membership may have not been a waste of money after all. :-)

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

i doubt they will have scotland anytime soon. they have access to england, and still need to index it. i havn't yet heard if they have started scotland.

Comment

Even England would be good
      [Starts to sing: "Why are we waiting?"]

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Isn't the Scotland one owned by scotlandspeople and not available on ancestry at all or even ever??
        Margaret

Comment

ancestry had the transcripts of the scottish census. as does findmypast, who have the 1841 and 51. freecen also has the early scots census.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
            ancestry had the transcripts of the scottish census. as does findmypast, who have the 1841 and 51. freecen also has the early scots census.
            Thanks Kyle, hadn't realised that as I use FMP for the 1911 at the moment - can't be bothered to fiddle with ancestry LOL

Comment

haha completely agree margaret!

Comment

My worldwide sub runs out next month - you can bet your life shortly thereafter Ill find american connections :(

Comment

Working...
                X